Hi!!

sassy
on 8/20/04 3:35 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Hello everyone! I am new posting to this board, but wanted to jump in and say hello to everyone! I was supposed to have my surgery done on 01 SEP but because of scheduling difficulties, it got pushed all the way to 25 OCT. I just found out today too, so I am still kinda bummed, but oh well, what's two more months, right??
sspev
on 8/20/04 5:28 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Renee, Glad to see you posting here! When I read your post on the WA board this evening, my heart was aching for you -- I know you're wanting to weep, since you had really been preparing to get on the losing side soon. And then you were struggling so with your 2-wk (2-day!) liquid diet, too- and really working to be compliant! You know, as I read what some of the others had posted to you (about God's timing not always being the same as ours, etc.) I had a visual image of you and your family "cradled" in God's loving hand. I know about the schedule with your husband's leave, and your mil's visit, and the inconvenience to those schedule changes now. But still, I will pray that He will make it easier for you to acknowledge that it may be for the best that you and your family, and this situation ARE all in HIS hands. Thankfully, you don't have to drink a liquid diet for the next 2 months, but you can keep walking these next few weeks, and also keep watching somewhat (not the hated DIET word) what you eat, so you'll be in the best possible health when your surgery day arrives. I always so enjoy your posts -- and although I've never met you, your picture shows me a young woman who is full of love and compassion for everyone! That won't change, whether you're pre or post-op. Your sister in Christ, Susan
spongebob
on 8/21/04 12:27 am - Warsaw, IN
Hi Renee-I am very new to this board too.It is very frustrating having surgery pushed back but it will happen!! I was 32 before I got married and I had been a bridesmaid 8!!! times .I thought it would never be my turn..but. finally it was my turn! And He blessed me far beyond what I could have hoped or dreamed for myself!!!Our Saviour knows your heart and your desires.This delay comes as no surprise to Him.Once you are on the other side it won't matter how long you had to wait.Until then..I am praying for you..Shelley
Pastor di
on 8/21/04 4:13 pm - DALLAS, TX
God Bless You Renee, I am so happy that delay does not mean denial. There has to be something that needs to happen before the surgery. In these next few weeks I am sure you will look up and say Thank you Lord I see your plan. Pastor di
whooshi
on 8/22/04 3:21 am
RNY on 10/05/04 with
HELLO RENEE, WELCOME! I'M ALSO PRE-OP, AND YES, IT DOES SEEM LIKE IT'S SUCH A LONG WAIT. BUT, AS WE ALL KNOW, THE LORD IS INFINITE IN HIS WISDOM, HE PRESENTS US WITH OPPORTUNITIES. MAYBE THIS DELAY IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO START PRACTICING YOUR SIP, SIP, SIP...CHEW, CHEW, CHEW.....WALK, WALK, WALK.....ETC. I KNOW THAT IT HAS BEEN QUITE A CHALLENGE FOR ME TO BREAK OLD HABITS. WE HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED WITH THE AVAILABILITY OF THIS "TOOL". THE LORD IS TRYING TO TEACH US HOW TO WORK THIS "TOOL". AND *TIME* IS A WONDERFUL GIFT, IF WE RECOGNIZE THAT IT IS JUST THAT, * A GIFT*. I WISH YOU LOVE AND GREAT SUCCESS ON THIS EXCITING JOURNEY WE ARE ON. AS OUR PHYSICAL BODIES SHRINK, MAY OUR SPIRITS GROW AND GROW AND GROW.......... ALL MY LOVE, CARMELLA
Most Active