When I Say I Am a Christian

Shirlene H.
on 8/18/04 3:41 am - Van Etten, NY
When I Say I Am A Christian When I say I am a Christian, I am not shouting "I am saved." I am whispering "I am lost." That is why I choose this way. When I say I am a Christian, I do not speak of this with pride. I am confessing that I stumble And need Someone to be my guide. When I say I am a Christian, I am not trying to be strong. I am professing that I am weak And pray for strength to carry on. When I say I am a Christian, I am not bragging of success. I am admitting I have failed And cannot ever pay the debt. When I say I am a Christian, I am not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are too visible But God believes I am worth it. When I say I am a Christian, I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches Which is why I seek His name. When I say I am a Christian, I do not wish to judge. I have no authority; I only know that I am. ~ Author Unknown ~
Geralyn
on 8/18/04 10:29 am - San Diego, CA
Shirlene, Thank-you so much for sharing that. I'm going to try and copy this. I'd love to frame it. Blessings Geri
whooshi
on 8/20/04 2:46 am
RNY on 10/05/04 with
DEAREST SHIRLENE, THANK YOU, I WILL BE SHARING THIS WITH MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS. I'M BLESSED TO HAVE FOUND THIS BOARD. I AM AMONG FAMILY. LOVE, CARMELLA
Geralyn
on 8/23/04 4:57 am - San Diego, CA
Shirlene, Where are you? Come out, come out where ever you are. Geri
Sara G
on 8/25/04 5:29 pm - Brentwood, CA
WOW....Shirlene! Thanks for sharing that...I think I may use that for the Christian Support Group we are starting here in Modesto. Thanks so much! God Bless! Sara
Most Active