Anyone else into CCM like me?

doit 2.
on 6/29/04 12:43 am - in my little town, NC
I LOVE Mercy Me and Audio Adrenaline, to name a few...has anyone heard the NEW Mercy Me tune?
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/04 11:05 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Mercy Me is awesome . I had the song ' I can only Imagine " sang at my dads funeral . I love Christian music ... and in today's life .. you need it just to get through all the junk ... take care, Natalie
Sherri H.
on 6/29/04 5:24 pm - Bakersfield, CA
I absolutely love Mercy Me. My other favorites are Casting Crowns, Third Day, and FFH. Have you heard FFH's song "One of these Days"? It is sooooo uplifting. The words say "One of these days I'm gonna see the hands that took the nails for me." It just doesn't get any better than that. That is what I'm working for, to see and kiss those hands someday. I love contemporary christian. Here in California where I live we have a radio station called KDUV. it is great. You can actually listen to it on your computer while you surf. www.kduv.com I think is the site. I use to listen to light rock or country until I heard a christian friend telling someone that she only listened to christian music because she felt like "garbage in, garbage out" and she only wanted to listen to things that would elevate her soul. I was so convicted by that statement that I switched that day to christian radio and haven't turned back. Dennis Jernigan is my brother in law and he is a christian recording artist. He does mainly worship music and it is beautiful, but I like that hip rock and roll stuff. LOL In His love, Sherri
janswia
on 6/30/04 12:54 am - Columbia City, IN
Sherri, I love what you're listening to. We have a great station here in Fort Wayne, IN that has now turned to almost ALL music, all the time and much of it is contemporary worship which is awesome! They also send out a weekly e-mail that includes small snippets of songs and ask listeners to rate them according to whether we're tired of them, How often do we want to hear them, do we like them? etc. It's a great way for the station to be sure they're playing what is wanted. I LOVE Mercy Me...they were just here for a concert and it was great! Julie
Sherri H.
on 7/1/04 3:05 am - Bakersfield, CA
Our station also has listener opinion polls where we get an e-mail and rate the music. I really enjoy that because it makes you feel more like a partner in the station. I am so bad because I rate almost every song as excellent and I don't get tired of them very fast. Sherri
tiffanys
on 7/1/04 10:45 am - Roseville, MI
Thank you for the awesome link to this site! I Love CC music. My husband is the drummer in our praise band at church. I a, from Michigan. The song "I can only imagine" is being played on a few regular stations here. Isn't that awesome!
Sara G
on 7/2/04 5:49 pm - Brentwood, CA
Hi Tiffany! I was browsing this board and came across your post, I used to live in Roseville (many years ago). I grew up in Eastpointe (East Detroit at the time)...soooo I just thought I would interupt this thread to say hello! It's always nice to meet someone from "back home".
Sara G
on 7/2/04 5:59 pm - Brentwood, CA
I love contemporary christian music and worship music. Mercy Me is awesome, especially "I Can Only Imagine". We sing it at church quite often (I am in the choir). I really enjoyed the WOW Worship Yellow, great selection...I just purchased the new WOW Worship Red, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I started listened to christian music a couple of years (converted from country) and I haven't turned back. Between listening to it on the radio/or CD in the car or at home and choir practice on Thursdays and church on Sunday, there are many mornings when I awake with a song going through my mind. What better way to wake up to a new day than with praises for the Lord in my mind and on my heart! We have a couple of good christian stations in my area, one of which is KLOVE...I can't think of the call letters of the other one. Praise God for christian radio...I listen to KCIV every morning while I am getting ready for work. 7:00 Focus on the Family, 7:30 Revive our Hearts, and 7:45 Key Life.
Traci K.
on 7/3/04 10:51 am - Sullivan, MO
Another huge MercyMe and Casting Crowns fan chiming in. I also love anything by Australian Hillsongs/Darlene Dentch . I listen to CCM all the time!
dengera
on 7/3/04 2:18 pm - Long Grove, IA
Contemporary Christian music is all that I listen to. My kids know that when they are in my truck, we will listen to my music. I also love Mercy Me's "I Can Only Imagine". I had it played at my father's funeral almost two years ago. Because I am the "holy roller" of the family, I was chosen to talk to Dad about his faith and if he felt the need to be baptized during his last days at home before he passed. I was relieved by several conversations where he told me that he asked God to forgive him for all of his sins and that he believed that Jesus was the Messiah, Son of God who died for our sins. Because of that, and the song, I imagine my dad in Heaven, falling to his knees in humility, praise. wonder and awe before our Lord and Savior. Now, I can be at peace knowing that Dad is fishing in the crystal sea! (Sorry if that was a bummer of a story. I guess that I really miss him!) On another note, I love Third Day. I have been listening to Offerings I and II by them. I just love "Agnus Dei" and "Please Take from me My Life". I have the Wow recent hits of 2004 and on it is a Relient K song "Getting Into You". Well, I bought their CD with that song and was really disappointed. It was more secular than anything. Well, my teenager loves it and it doesn't have any swear words, so that is a plus. Any recommendations for other listening? God bless and thank you for such a great thread -music is my praise to my Lord, Andrea
Most Active