My problem- please pray for me.

Sarah D.
on 6/28/04 10:32 am - San Antonio, TX
Hello all! My name is Sarah DeLeon-Martinez and I am at a point in my life where some things must change. I really want to have my surgery and have struggled with it for quite some time. I beleive things happen for a reason and that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. But, sometimes I wish he had made me a little more fragile! I have been struggling with the surgery becasue I do not want it for vainity. And I feel sometimes this is the real reason I want the opperation. Everytime I try and get the ball rolling something in my life restricts it. I even once had a date set- I had to cancel because my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and I cared for her for 9 months- I could not have done so and have the surgery- she would have been put in a care facility and died much sooner in my honest opinion. Then the problem with my insurance. I had Humana PPo- the one that I was told never accepts the surgery no matter what- so I changed to HMO- Then my mother got more sick. My now husband and I pushed up our marriage so that she could see me get married! But my insurance dropped me- I was on her policy. Now I'm 25- and on disability. I thought I could have my surgery through Medicaid- well no can do- so now I'm waiting for Medicare. I feel as if all these obstacles maybe are being put here for a reason. Anyone have any insight to this. I really am struggling for answers. -Sarah
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/04 11:03 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Sarah, 3 years ago , I walked into a surgeons office to ask for a hernia repair - He imediatly suggest wls . I had no clue - had not researched it - and jumped at it with out asking for guidance . Needless to say I was not approved . Thing about this was I never prayed about it ... This time , I prayed about it - daily .. I asked God for guidance and well here I sit 4 wks post op . I knew in order to save my life that I needed to fight . God had spared me so many other times I knew that if this was what he willed to me that it would happen . I would ask that you pray - and pray hard . God will answer you no matter what the answer is .. believe me - he has our best interest at hand ... 3 years ago - I was not ready for this ... I will pray for you too and I will ask that the Lord guide and give you some relief from the stress I can see in your writing ... He loves you Sarah .. and will not let you fall . With much love and respect , Natalie
Sarah D.
on 6/29/04 12:09 pm - San Antonio, TX
Thank you so much. I do see though how just a couple of years ago I was not at all ready for this. I will begin to pray. I just have a hard time asking for things for myself sometimes. Thank you! -Sarah
Sherri H.
on 6/29/04 5:51 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Hi Sarah, I am so with you, dear. I prayed and prayed and struggled with the vanity issue. I constantly prayed to the Lord and asked him to stop my surgery if I am doing it for vanity. I prayed to him every step of the way and told him if any road blocks came up I would see it as his sign I needed to stop and back off. Well, I had a smooth trip all the way through. I was often amazed that I had to do nothing but show up for my appointments. I'm telling you this, not to discourage you, but to let you know that the Lord has his own timing in all matters. I started to think about having WLS back about 4 years ago and got a letter from my insurance company stating that they would no longer pay for the procedure under any cir****tances. I got on with my life and found that the doors started to fly wide open 6 months ago. In that was included a job change to a company that allowed me to take off whenever I wanted to get it done. It was a change that I never would have made on my own so it was the Lord's hand at work. I am now 8 days post op. It will happen when the Lord has prepared your heart and when the timing is right for you. The Lord has his perfect plan and knows when the time is right. Bless you, Sherri
Most Active