Need of Prayer Please - Open vs Lap

Sherry Sonson
on 6/27/04 8:56 am - Valdese, NC
Hello everyone, My name is Sherry and I am new here and I am from NC. Dr.Cook is my surgen and I my surgery is on July 20th. At this point I thought I was never going to my surgery date, because my Insurance said they never recieved my medical records 5 weeks ago, but finally things are going good, except I remember that my Dr. told me because of my old Gall Bladder scar; I could wind up with the open sugery instead of the Lap, has anyone here had the open? He is going in as the Lap but probably will have to go into the Open he said, which could take 4 hours. I am so scared. Please pray just for GOD's WILL to be done for me, and the fear I have will go away. I do appreicate all the imput that anyone has to offer. God Bless and thank you, Sherry Sonson - Hickory, NC
gail B.
on 6/28/04 9:31 pm - wilmington, DE
Good morning Sherry!!!!! I am praying that GOD wil give you not only courage to go through..but most of all His precious grace...I will be having surgery soon...but you must remember that life and death is in the power of the tongue... we can speak good or bad to our situation....just know that God truly care and that He promised that He will never leave us nor forsake us.... Psalm 37:3--7 " Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed... Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart... Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass... And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgement as the noonday..... Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him; fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because ofthe man who bringeth wicked devices to pass..... Father, in the name of Jesus...bless my sister and give her the courage to hold on to your unchanging hands in the name of Jesus.... you are a great GOD who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we can think or ask according to the Holy Ghost power that works in us... we praise you for your tender loving care and your great concern for us..help Sherry to keep her focus on you no matter what the enemy of our soul will try to do...forgive us all for doubting thee and helpus we pray to stand and having done all to stand help us to stand some more...continue to bless her I pray..in Jesus name...Gail Burke
Sherri H.
on 7/5/04 10:20 am - Bakersfield, CA
Hi, I had the open procedure done 2 weeks ago today. I always thought that the "open" procedure would have a higher complication rate, but after looking into it, it has less problems with leaks and the more major complications than the lap procedure. In fact, my surgeon only does the open procedure because he said he wants to be able to see what is going on and be able to better avoid any problems. He felt the open procedure is the safest. My procedure only took one and a half hours to perform. I am a nurse and all my other nurse friends who have had the roux-en-y have opted for the open procedure for these reasons. Hope this is helpful. In His love, Sherri
Most Active