PAY IT FORWARD

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/04 1:24 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Pay It Forward Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (Luke 6:38) "Pay It Forward" is a movie starring Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt and Haley Joel Osment based on Catherine Ryan Hyde's fictional novel. The storyline is centered around an extra-credit school assignment to think of an idea for world change and put it into action. Trevor, the 12-year old hero of "Pay It Forward" comes up with the idea that the world would be a better place if everyone would "pay it forward" by helping a stranger, and that stranger in turn helping another. The idea is to do something good for three people and when they ask how they can pay it back, they are told to "Pay it forward." The results of this project snowballed into more than anyone could imagine. "Pay It Forward" is a wonderful concept. Foundations have been established to carry out this idea for world peace. However, some of us have always followed the principles of paying it forward. It is just our nature to do so based on Luke 6:38. If you have never tried this principle, I encourage you to do so as soon as you can and as often as you can. The principle works. In the last several days I have received numerous gifts and favors from people when I least expected them. (Thanks Ethel, Michelle, Dorena, Gerald, Rose, Mary, Corliss, Shirley and Rev. McClurkin). I, on the other hand, have paid it forward not to all these people but to many others. Giving is a commandment found throughout the Bible. We must give by releasing a seed of some kind. That is the only way something is to be produced. Even God released a seed in a young pure Jewish woman, and we received Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Everything starts with a seed. Hold on to it and nothing happens. Deposit it in good ground and it produces a crop. Plant your seed by paying it forward. At the end of each day, ask yourself this question: "Did I pay it forward today?" Make it a habit to pay it forward. Not only will the recipients be blessed, but you will be blessed as well according to the measure you use. Gotta go now to pay it forward.
Sherri H.
on 5/26/04 3:54 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Thank you Natalie. I loved that. Sherri
Most Active