A Turning-Your-Face-To-The-Wall Situation

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/04 11:04 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
A Turning-Your-Face-To-The-Wall Situation Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord. (2 Kings 20:2) Have you ever had a situation that you thought was so bad you didn't want to think about it or talk about it? You thought it would just go away on its own and you could return to your normal life. The only thing you wanted to do was to just turn your face to the wall. Some "turning-your-face-to-the-wall" situations impact our lives so much so that we can never return to normal. That's when we have to pray for a "new normal." I believe all of us have had at least one "turning-your-face-to-the-wall" situation. I don't know how you handled yours, but Hezekiah should be a model for us. When he was sic****o death, he turned his face to the wall and prayed to God for his life. He was too sick to make it to his prayer closet, so he did the next best thing. While lying on his bed, he turned his face to the wall and prayed. Notice he prayed for the only thing that was important to him at the time. He did not give God a list of requests concerning other things. Our "turning-your-face-to-the-wall" prayer should be singular in purpose as well. Hezekiah's prayer was answered and God added 15 years to his life. Notice Hezekiah left it up to God to answer in his own way. What does all this mean? It simply means when we have a "turning-your-face-to-the-wall" problem, we should do what Hezekiah did. We should turn our face to the wall shutting everybody and everything out so our minds will not be troubled with distractions. Then we should pray fervently to our Father believing He will keep His promise never to leave us nor forsake us. (Deuteronomy 31:6; Hebrews 13:5)
Rocky U.
on 5/20/04 8:18 pm - Modesto, CA
Hey Natalie....I just wanted to let you know how insightfull you are. What a gift you have. I really enjoy reading your posts. Although I don't normally reply I'm still reading and I'm sure others are too. Please continue. God Bless, Cindy (Rocky)
Sherri H.
on 5/23/04 3:44 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Thank you Natalie for your posts. I am so blessed by them. I don't usually reply to them because they are so profound there is nothing left to say. I think you are so kind to take the time to minister to us in this way. Please continue to minister to us. Lord bless you, Sherri
Rosalind G.
on 6/4/04 3:48 pm - La Cañada Flintridge, CA
Thank you. I needed to read this. I'm trying to get back to talking to my Lord again--beyond bedtime prayers with the children. Warmly, Roz
Most Active