Everything Happens For a Reason

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/04 12:22 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Everything Happens For a Reason And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28) Everything happens for a reason. Everything happens under the watchful eye of God. Every bad thing that happens to us is connected to a good thing that will happen through us. When bad things happen to good people, the usual reaction is "Why, God?" As bad as it might seem at the time, God is working things out for a greater purpose. With the natural mind, you will not immediately understand why you lost your job. You don't know now, but God knows. With your limited wisdom, you cannot understand why your spouse died what you believed to be an untimely death. In God's sight, there are no untimely deaths. You ponder over why God does certain things. Until you understand that everything happens for a greater purpose, you will be stuck in your thoughts forever. In order to realize that greater purpose, one must surrender all wondering thoughts to God. Seek God's face and ask Him what greater purpose will come out of your own tragedy. And then live expectantly. Expect God to show you the butterfly after the caterpillar, the rainbow after the storm, the beautiful canvas painting after the use of the black paint. Anyone who is living a spirit-filled life today is probably one who has gone through many storms; yet they did not give up. They kept on trusting God in spite of their tragedies. One of the most inspiring stories of one whose life was changed for the glory of God is Joni Eareckson Tada. A diving accident in 1967 left Mrs. Tada a quadriplegic in a wheelchair unable to use her hands. During many years of rehabilitation, she began to paint with a brush between her teeth. To date, Mrs. Tada has painted thousands of pictures and written over 30 best-selling books, has ministered in over 35 countries, and recently retired from 32 years of teaching. She made her wheelchair her sanctuary and has often said her life has brought glory to God through that tragic accident that happened over 37 years ago. It's all a matter of what one wants to do...either to let tragic cir****tances make them BITTER of BETTER. By changing the letter "I" can make a world of difference. Trust God and know that everything happens for a reason; for a greater purpose. Ask God to show you that greater purpose. Ask Him to give you the strength you need to enjoy life again!
Most Active