Hi everyone i am finally home, 10 days post-op

thin_tyme
on 4/26/04 12:41 pm - WY
Wow I can't believe it, Here I am on the losing side. I had my surgery Friday the 16th and was released Tuesday the 20th. I had to stay just a little longer because I got really sick late Saturday night and most of Sunday. I was bleeding from the lower enastimosis (sp) It was not caught right away. I was feeling really sick, nauseated. They had taken out my catheter so of course I was using the comode. I had to call a nurse to help me off because I just about passed out. Eventually they brought in a portable toilet. I used it once and it was pretty bad, couldn't get back up I about passed out. Eventually they put the catheter back in. The next A.M. my blood was checked and they gave me 2 units of blood. I started feeling better Sunday night. This was really caused by the heprin shots and they stopped giving them to me. I am so much yahoo, God is good. I had my 10 day check -up today. My Dr. took out the drain woohooo!!! And I lost 21 pounds.. I am going back to work tomorrow. Thank you to all of you for your prayers and support. God Bless! Mechelle
Glenn S
on 4/26/04 11:24 pm - Pecatonica, IL
glad to hear all is well now Mechalle. Bless you.
thin_tyme
on 5/10/04 7:14 am - WY
Thank you Glenn Mechelle
Cherish M.
on 4/29/04 1:53 am - Franklin, LA
WOW...so glad to hear that you are doing great. My husband and I are both scheduled for surgery...his date is May 18th and My date is June 9th. Its wonderful to hear you are going back to work so soon. WOW!!! Keep up the good work. God Bless Cherish-Louisiana
thin_tyme
on 5/10/04 7:12 am - WY
Hi Cherish WOW, is right on going back to work so soon. I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day and had to immediately take a long nap as soon as I got home. I am doing much better though, still get exhausted, just not as soon. Awesome for you and your husband. Your dates are far enough apart that you will be able to help each other, that's great. I will keep both you and your husband in my prayers. Mechelle
Sherri H.
on 5/7/04 2:42 pm - Bakersfield, CA
That is so great that you are doing well inspite of the complication. I think it is wonderful you are going back to work so soon! God is so good. Were you on heparin because you had a history of blood clots? I had one in my leg after a c-section in 2002, so my surgeon is going to put me on Lovenox (Like heparin but a newer drug) injections as a precaution when I go in for surgery. He also had me see a hematologist to have some tests done to see if I have a higher risk for clots. I have also heard the hospital I'm going to uses those compression thingys on your legs that keep the blood in your legs from pooling while you are in bed. Again, Praise the Lord that you are doing so well. Can't wait to be on the other side myself! In His love, Sherri
thin_tyme
on 5/10/04 7:10 am - WY
Hi Sherri thank you for your post. No I have never had any problems with clots. In fact I have had 3 c-sections, an open hysterectomy and less than a year later an open ovary removal. I was never given heprin or anything like it before. They always used those leg "thingys'" on me though. I will be praying for you for your surgery. That all goes well and you have a speedy recovery. Mechelle
Ann N.
on 5/8/04 6:46 am - FL
Welcome home Mechelle! Praise the Lord for your improved health! What a scare! Take good care of yourself and keep us posted. Lord bless your recovery and weight loss goals. Ann N.
thin_tyme
on 5/10/04 7:06 am - WY
Thank you Ann.
Most Active