Please help!

rn4u2go
on 2/9/04 4:21 am - queens, NY
I dont know what is wrong with me, I have been on the verge of tears all days, i feel so depressed. I dont know what is causing it, i just feel so trapped. I am in the process of getting all the pre surgery stuff done like seeing all the consult doctors, but i feel soooo down. It is like there is a dark cloud over my head. Please pray for me. i just want to cry all the time. I have been eating soooo much. Yesterday, i ate so much it hurt. To make it all worse, i am all alone, my friends dont understand, i have no boyfriend, my brother and sister are in their own world and my parents have their own issues. I need a hug.a kind word, any thing. miriam
val1004
on 2/9/04 5:16 am - Irving, TX
Hi Mariam, I'm sorry you have had a bad couple of days. The Word of God says to put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. If you will just start praising God right now in the depths of your depression, He will come in and and that spirit will have to go. Do you have a church family close to you? I'm sure that there are plenty of people on the website that love you and care about you. I'm glad you reached out to someone. Do you listed to Christian music. When I'm down, I can put on a Praise CD and start praising God and I feel so much better. We are never totally alone. God is always with us. If you are not where you can listen to music. Just start thanking God for what He's done for you. Just let the Spirit of God rise up in you. We are overcomer's in Christ Jesus. You can email me at [email protected] if you want to chat some more. Blessings to you my sister. Val
Naes Wls J.
on 2/9/04 8:01 am - NJ
Hi Miriam, You are in my thoughts and prayers, I pray these feeling will pass and good feelings come. Valerie is so right. she also mention putting in a gospel music CD. I tell ya it will surly bring you out from under that dark cloud. It has worked for me a many of times. Do you have a church family. This would be a nice place to start to seek someone who have God in their life. With a church family you should never feel alone. It's a great feeling. God is good.
suzzettemccarley
on 2/9/04 8:40 am - TX
Miriam, I will be praying for you. WLS is a big decision and it really helps to have someone to talk things over with... someone on your side supporting you. In fact, my Dr. would not do the surgery if my family were not supportive. Suzzette
saltybichon
on 2/9/04 10:49 pm - Houston, TX
Miriam, I pray that the Lord will give you strength to perservere through this long process. Seems like I spent most of last year depressed and on edge because of the insurance wait. If God has brought you to it He will see you through it. Hang in there!
Miesha M.
on 2/10/04 11:20 pm - Atlanta, GA
Know that GOD is GOD through the midst of it all!!! Praise him through your storm!!! Amen Your breakthrough is in your praise AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!
Susette D.
on 2/12/04 8:19 am - Chicago, IL
Miriam, I stand in agreement with every intercessory prayer that has been given on your behalf. I pray that the angels of the Lord God be encamped around you and that they minister to you in your time of need. In the name of Jesus, Amen. I see you haven't answered the question regarding a church home, so I don't know if you have one or not. I do know that the bible says where there is unity there is strenghth. And our enemy Satan, realizes that if he can keep you feeling lonely and keep you alone and by yourself that when he tells you that "you have no one to talk to" or that "no one understands what you're going through" that you wont be empowered to first recognize him and then put him back in his place. As christians, God has promised "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear" Heb. 13:5&6 So he's always there, you're NEVER alone, but he also wants us to be empowered (strengthened) in our faith walk with him. And everything we need to get empowered and stay empowered is in the church. 1 Corinthians 12:27 says, "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others..." (NIV) I'm sorry to get long winded, and I know you asked for prayer that's why I prayed first, but I also know that the word of God aids us in our faith walk when we know what God has to say about a situation. If you need a pray partner you can email me at [email protected] or [email protected] "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7 Rev. S. Davis RNY Surgery - 8/12/04 ***6 MONTHS TODAY*** 90 LBS. DOWN 45 LBS. UNTIL GOAL WEIGHT
The-Irish-Lassie
on 2/18/04 10:23 pm - Brazoria, TX
Miriam, Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Psalm 37:4 What can I say that these Godly women haven't already said...and said it well. Oh Father God, I come to you on behalf of my sister. Lord God I pray that you cradle her in you everloving and everlasting arms. Give your strength in her time of weakness. You see her situation and I pray that you send the Holy Spirit to comfort her. Your word says that we have not because we ask not. I am asking for a peace that surpasses all understanding be bestowed unto Miriam. Lord we will be careful to give you all of the praise and glory for all blessings big and small that come in all of our lives. We thank you Jesus, and know that you are always close to us. I pray that you draw her close to you so that she will learn that she can boldly come to you with her needs, so close that she feel your breath upon her. Lord, we pray that your will be done. In Christ Jesus precious and holy name. Amen. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Proverbs 8:17
Most Active