Please pray

Patricia R.
on 9/18/12 12:57 pm - Perry, MI
Hi there,
I would appreciate prayer.  As most of you know, I am a member of AA.  Part of the AA program involves working the 12 Steps, preferably with a sponsor.  Today, I was asked if I would sponsor a woman who is new to recovery.  I don't know her spiritual condition, other than that she says she believes in God.  Please pray that I have opportunities to share my faith with her, as the 2nd and 3rd Steps discuss a relationship with God.  The key to AA is relationships in order to develop a healthy support network.  I am honored that she would ask me.  This will be totally different than what I was doing working with the woman who is a believer.

Thanks,
Trish 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 9/18/12 1:28 pm - Vancouver, WA
I pray her heart is open to a wonderful learning relationship with her. I probably will be AWOL for a little bit, lungs are funky again, I get so tired of this. Sick and tired of being sick and tired, I know you you've been there too.
Patricia R.
on 9/18/12 5:41 pm - Perry, MI
Karen, post when you can, be it as brief as it might be.  Know that you are in my prayers.  I love you, and am very concerned about you.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

susie24
on 9/27/12 12:54 am - Minneapolis, MN
RNY on 10/15/12

I am new to this OH site and just wanted to let you know that i will pray for you.  I too am a member of AA and know that I am going to really need the program more as i undergo my RNY surgery on Oct. 15, 2012.   I feel that i am in very good spiritual condition at this point in my life but am in need of a new sponsor to help guide me along the way.  I know that I cannot do this alone and i need my Higher Power .....God.... to be there along with the other women and men in the program. 

Thank you for posting this and i will continue to pray for you and her.  Thank you again,
Susie

Most Active