Hi and prayer need

Patricia R.
on 8/18/12 4:20 am, edited 8/18/12 4:23 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Family,
Hi everyone.  I have been so very busy, it is thrilling.  I have been doing volunteer work so much, I am too busy to be stressed.  First, I started volunteering at a drug and alcohol agency that offers free services to anyone seeking help.  I'm hoping that they are impressed with my dedication and work that they hire me part time.  They had a part time employee *****signed because she is in grad school.  It would be okay if they didn't hire me, I just could use the money.  I get so much out of just my volunteer work.  

In addition to that volunteer work, I am volunteering at a Congressional candidate's office a couple of hours as often as possible.  

It may not be much, but I am keeping very busy, and loving it.  Unfortunately, I need prayer.  I am dealing with constant foot and back pain.  I can't get in to see the podiatrist till Thursday.  I also am scheduled for an MRI this morning, to help pinpoint my shoulder pain.  Then, on Friday, I have a procedure on my lower back.  It's oupatient, done in the doctor's office.  I had it done a year ago, and it lasted that long.  It is where they burn the nerves that are causing specific back pain with a laser.  It takes six months to two years for the nerves to grow back.  I am so blessed that mine took a year.  

I'm not sure if I shared about the woman I was mentoring in AA.  She's a baby Christian, and we had a falling out.  Well, we're talking again.  At least at AA meetings.  She apologized, and is trying to get things back to where they were.  I am holding onto my boundaries, and only talking to her at AA meetings.  Anyway, she has a lot of health problems due to her excessive drug abuse and alcoholism.  She has hepatitis C, cirrhosis of the liver, and brain damage.  Her memory is shot, and she was given four years to live last year.  Please keep Maria in your prayers.  Her home situation is horrendous, due to her behavior with the drugs, and since stopping drinking a little more than a year ago.

Sorry this is so long.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 8/18/12 10:47 pm - Vancouver, WA
Glad you are keeping busy, that keeps us out of trouble, eh? I'll be praying for your health issues pain is no fun. Will also keep Maria in prayer. I had a friend who was a chronic alcoholic and she died on her early 30's because her body was just ravaged from the abuse. It was very sad, she'd lost custody of all her kids even her little 4 yr old. She just couldn't stop even after several stints in rehab.
Cherokeesage
on 8/26/12 12:23 am
RNY on 02/24/12
You and your friend are in my prayers.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Grannymae
on 8/29/12 9:03 am - Green River, WY