Prayer for cost of medications

Patricia R.
on 8/6/12 1:55 pm - Perry, MI
Hello Family,
I'm going on Medicare in October, and spent close to two hours today on the phone with AARP arranging for Medigap and Prescription coverage.  I learned that my prescriptions will cost me a small fortune, and I am at a loss what to do about it.  I see my psychiatrist in a month to discuss my options.  Unfortunately, my online research indicated that I have no other options, other than the expensive medications.  The reason I am upset is that my current prescription coverage has copays of $9.50 for brand and $6.75 for generic, either a 30 or 90 day supply.  

Please pray that my psychiatrist has some suggestions to avoid paying a small fortune to stay emotionally stable.

Thanks,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 8/7/12 6:57 am - Vancouver, WA
I just got a prescription card from someplace that says it's totally free and can save up to 75% on prescriptions. They said to share the extra ones and it's good at most major pharmacies. If you want I'll send you one. Maybe it'll help out, let me know if you want it.
Patricia R.
on 8/11/12 8:33 pm - Perry, MI
 Yes, Karen.  I'd love to get one.
Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 8/12/12 1:05 pm - Vancouver, WA
I'll get it in the mail asap! Also pharmacists are a good source of who supplies help for meds.My mom took a really expensive one and she got it for free!!
sevencats
on 8/11/12 8:12 pm
Hi Trish.  I know that most pharmaceutical companies have programs where they provide medications at no to low cost for people who qualify.  Hopefully your psychiatrist can hook you up with that; if not, your PCP should be able to get you in touch.  The clinic I go to has a person on staff whose job it is to work with people to get this set up--it's really helpful if you have meds from several different companies.

If you go on the company's website, you will probably be able to find some information about this kind of medication assistance as well.

I'll be praying for connections to be made.

j
Most Active