Mark 10:45

Hislady
on 7/25/12 6:33 am - Vancouver, WA
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." How often do we remember what an honor it is to be called to serve our Lord? Being human we more often think about being served by others, not what we can do for them. If it was good enough for Jesus it HAS to be good for us and it doesn't have to be dramatic like saving a life. It can be as simple as lending an ear to one who is troubled or even a hug when needed. Big or small let's keep an eye open for a situation where we can serve others.

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 7/27/12 10:24 pm - Perry, MI
Serving others is at the heart of the AA program.  AA was founded when Bill Wilson first went to the bedside of Dr. Bob.  He knew that he could not stay sober unless he was helping someone else get sober.  The 12th Step of AA says, "Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps we tried to carry the message to other alcoholics, and practice these principles in all our affairs."  We carry the message in so many different ways.  

I am blessed to be in a church that encourages serving others.  When I was sick with the injured leg back in January, I was amazed at how many people brought me meals.  Then, the Monday after my surgery, a friend packed up all of my Christmas decorations, including my tree.  Another friend came and swept and mopped my living room and kitchen floors.  I try to help meet those kinds of needs when the opportunity arises.

I'm also enjoying my volunteer work.  It's at a Recovery Community Center near here.  There, we provide help to alcoholics and addicts in early recovery, with employment workshops, recovery planning and a slew of other services based on a person's particular situation and needs.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active