One more time

Hislady
on 7/23/12 5:58 am - Vancouver, WA
OK I'm gonna try posting a daily scripture again now that my regular computer is fixed and I even have a spare now, thanks to hubby.

John 16:33 In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

This couldn't have come at a better time considering the events in Colorado this weekend. That was indeed a time of tribulation and still is, but what I noticed in the people who I saw interviewed on the news was the difference in reactions. Some were totally hopeless that life coulkd ever be good again. The Christians had not only hope and a peace but most of all forgiveness for the gunman. I honestly don't know if I could be that generous myself. Some were also saying right at this minute I can't forgive him but I'm sure at some point I will, not for him but for themselves, so that they could live on in peace. What a testimony that is for our God and the life He gives us! "In the midst of troubles, peace can be found in Jesus!"

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 7/23/12 8:03 am - Perry, MI
Hi there,
I was away when the news broke of the massacre in Colorado.  My heart broke at the news, especially for the family members of all involved, especially the parents of that precious six year old little angel.

In AA, I hears someone say, "Not forgiving someone is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die."  I've also heard that forgiving someone sets the forgiver free from the bitterness that damages ourselves.

I remember when both of my brothers died at 40 and 56 years old, about 16 months apart, saying over and over, "God is soverign, and He is in control."  It hurts, and we grieve and mourn.  But, while I do not know the spiritual condition of the deceased in Aurora, I know for a fact that both of my brothers put their faith in Christ for their salvation.  So, as heartbroken as I was, I also rejoiced that their physical and emotional pain was gone, and they were dancing in heaven.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active