Please Pray for My Son

Patricia R.
on 7/14/12 11:43 am - Perry, MI
Hi Everyone,
My younger son, Sean, went through a few years with a really bad heroin addiction about nine years ago.  When he moved out on his own, he began drinking, which is a big no-no for anyone who has been in drug and alcohol rehabs multiple times.  Then, in the Spring, he revealed that he was smoking pot again.  I knew he was heading down the same path he had before.  

Sure enough, he called me on Thursday to tell me he was in a drug and alcohol rehab.  I hate being right.  He needs prayer.  I am sworn to keep this information away from the rest of the family, so I have to ask Christian friends who don't know my family to pray.  

I'm not sure if I had shared that one of his friends died of a drug overdose in November.  Sean had driven from Pittsburgh home to say good-bye to the friend when he lay braindead.  My son was the only nonfamily member allowed at the funeral, which was very private.  I had hoped that would have scared him, but it didn't.  He went back to heroin again.

My heart is broken.  I wrote him a pretty long letter, telling him I do not want to bury him the way his friend's mom had to bury her son.  He is one of the most brilliant people on earth, with an IQ over 160.  Unfortunately, because he got into drugs in middle school, he became a really bad under achiever.  

Thanks for praying.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 7/15/12 6:18 am - Vancouver, WA
Prayers are on the way!!! Having an addict in the family I understand how difficult it is. We should never have to bury our children. I pray he finds the strength and direction he needs to deal with this.
Patricia R.
on 7/18/12 12:50 am - Perry, MI
 Thanks for the prayers.  Oh, please don't mention this on Facebook.  I'm sworn to secrecy where the family is concerned.  So, I don't want my daughter, Colleen, or older son, Chris seeing any of this on my page.  Sean is ashamed of this.  I know I can count on you for discretion and prayer.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

shoutjoy
on 7/17/12 8:30 pm - Culpeper, VA
I know it must be hard watching him go through this. With prayer, I pray God will soften his heart and call him to his side as a totally delivered, born again believer soon.  Satan knows what a valuable tool Sean would be if he turned to God.  What an awesome testimony he would have. 

This is a spiritual war.  Praying God's angels down to minister to him and protect him.  Right now he needs a prayer cover, a hedge of protection and deliverance from the hands of satan.  Pray against the spirit of the air and command the warrior angels of God to come down and fight the enemy. This is a spiritual war.  Amen!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Patricia R.
on 7/18/12 12:58 am - Perry, MI
 Thanks for reminding me that this is a battle of us against the enemy.  I understand addiction and alcoholism because I am in recovery, and have gone through a few relapses.  I also know that I would not have the sobriety I have without a daily dependence on God.  I was in rehab in January 2010, and remember the day I finally surrendered my will and my life to the Lord, holding nothing back.  That was the day I was released of the obsession to drink.

I appreciate your prayers.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 7/18/12 10:46 am - Vancouver, WA
No worries, what is said here stays here or at least no names are mentioned. I can understand him not wanting it to be spread around. Indeed this is a spiritual war and I pray the angels will suround and protect him from satan's onslaught!
Most Active