James 4:15

Hislady
on 6/7/12 6:21 am - Vancouver, WA
Instead you ought to say,"If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that." We can make all the plans we want but if they aren't God's will they most likely won't turn out the best. Also God can allow uncontrollable or unexpected events to happen to test our faithfulness. However if we seek God's will we can see even the most undesirable events as good things. First we must trust asnd rely on God and God alone for direction in our lives. If we do that we can trust that the right thing will end up happening. So when times get tough remember to look up to our Father for His guidance. "We may not know what the future holds, but we can trust the One who holds the future."

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 6/7/12 12:22 pm - Perry, MI
I used to whine and complain when things happened that were totally out of my control, like the health issues that have cropped up in the past five years.  I learned to apply Romans 8:28 to them.  My mentor always tried to have me seek God's lesson in my trials.  She'd say, "What is God trying to show you in this situation?"  So, I learned to look for God's message, and also to praise Him during the problem, not after it was resolved.  Praising Him, helped me heal, because I trusted Him with my care.

I hope that makes sense.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/7/12 1:58 pm - Vancouver, WA
So true! I believe it's up to us to decide how we are going to deal with difficult times. We can either whine and moan or we can look for the lesson and hope to grow in our walk with God. I have a nurse that everytime she sees me comments on how I'm always in a good mood even when I should be miserable and I tell her the same thing, I choose to be content wherever I'm at.
Most Active