Matthew 5:16

Hislady
on 3/23/12 1:55 pm - Vancouver, WA
"Let your light so shine before men."

Too often we keep the treasure of our faith to ourselves when we should be sharing it. Part of our purpose while here is to reflect God's glory so others will understand their need for Him. Let others see our good works which glorifies God. So go out there and shine!

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 3/24/12 5:49 am - Perry, MI
Hi Karen,
This is why my husband and I made a lot of decisions that some people at a church my husband and I went to, which has since died, questioned.  We sent our kids to public school, and we attended secular colleges, and sent our kids to secular colleges.  When my daughter, in 6th grade, came home telling us she had an assignment she didn't want to do, because it went against our Christian beliefs, I told her to politely ask her teacher for an alternate assignment.  Turns out two other kids had similar beliefs as well.  Because she did this, her friends wanted to know more about the Bible.  She took her Bible to school, and shared it with her friends at lunch.  In college, she was very active in Campus Crusade for Christ, going on several missions trips with them.

It is also the reason I attend AA meetings, and not a Christian based recovery program.  In addition to helping me stay sober, it gives me the opportunity to develop relationships with women who desire to learn about God, and I can share my faith with them.

The church that died had a lot of elders who were very seperatistic, sending their kids to Christian schools and only wanting our youth group to minister to just our church kids and not allow the neighborhood kids to participate.  They did not even support the bus ministry, which was an outreach into the community to get kids and their parents to come out to church.  

We grew tired of this thinking, and found a church that had an evagelistic youth ministry , where the leadership was supportive of parents like us.  The church I attend now has an evangelistic type youth ministry, as well as a food pantry for anyone in the community in need.  We also help provide shelter for the homeless in the winter.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active