Matthew 19:17

Hislady
on 3/2/12 1:19 pm - Vancouver, WA
"[Jesus said,] Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

When people ask "How are you?" we usually reply "Oh, I'm good." yet Jesus said only One is good and that is God! The word good speaks of character where the word "fine" speaks of well being. So really we should say "Oh, I'm fine." or "I'm doing well."  Only God thru the person of Jesus can say they are good. It's funny how just a small difference in speech can make such a huge difference in our lives.

Have a great weekend, I'm hoping to get back to church after my long absence for foot surgery. I really have missed it, it's where I recharge my spiritual battery.

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 3/3/12 1:26 pm, edited 3/3/12 1:26 pm - Perry, MI
When I was in grad school, I had an internship supervisor who answered the "How are you?" with "I'm blessed."  I wish I could get in that habit.  Also, I learned in English class that "I'm good" is grammatically incorrect.  The correct response is "I'm well."  

I am having a great weekend.  I finally got back to church last weekend.  I had missed church for a while even before my leg injury.  Fortunately, the woman I am discipling stopped attending a different church, and can't drive, so she needs me to take her to church.  She also attends the Ladies Bible Study I go to.  Starting Tuesday, we will be attending a recovery support group for women at my church.  We have several women at my church that are in recovery for addictions and alcoholism.  We will be using the Life Recovery Bible, which shows how the 12 Steps of AA are connected to Scripture.  I got it while in rehab two years ago.  It is a blessing.

I hope you make it to church tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active