My Bible Study Today

Patricia R.
on 2/28/12 8:59 am - Perry, MI
 Romans 12:1-2

"1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

On the following list, choose what part of the body I most struggle to present to God as a sacrifice?

mind-what I think about
eyes-what I see
mouth-what I say
ears-what I listen to
hands-what I do
feet-where I go
other________________

I struggle most with my eyes and ears equally.  I have to have my television on constantly, to distract me from my crazy mind.  Silence makes me anxious.  While the television is on, tuned mostly to crime dramas, I am on Facebook reading news articles.

I was challenged by today's study to start my day, presenting myself on the altar, submitting my body to the Lord each morning.

How about you?

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

mrsfloflo
on 2/28/12 9:52 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I would say I struggle tremendously with my mind and then that affects what I do. I tend to be negative naturally and I dwell on things to the point of obession. My biggest thing to conquer, through Christ, is taking my thoughts captive.
"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

Most Active