Galations 3:28

Hislady
on 2/27/12 1:03 pm - Vancouver, WA
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free,there is neither male nor female;for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

Unfortunately this is something I see all too often in many churches and sadly even my own. Too often we don't want to be around or associate with people who are too different from ourselves. We tend to want to be with those like ourselves. How many opportunities to witness do we miss when we chose to stay safe? How many people will never have the opportunity to accept Christ because we didn't want to be "bothered" with stepping out from our comfort spot. In Christ's eyes we are all His children and no one is better than the other. So step out and show what a true Christian is like!

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 2/27/12 1:23 pm - Perry, MI
Amen!  I am so grateful that my church encourages ministry and love toward society's rejects.  We are part of an interfaith ministry to help the homeless and poor in our community.  Many of the homeless are either mentally ill or addicted to drugs or alcohol.  We also have a support group for women with addictions that meets weekly to study God's Word as it relates to the 12 Steps of recovery.  My pastor encourages me to attend my AA meetings, where I am able to develop relationships with alcoholics who are struggling to get and stay sober.  God has shown me that if I really listen to a person, I am able to see my similarities with them, rather than our differences.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 2/28/12 4:12 am - Vancouver, WA
I think the biggest issue in my church is we are an older congregation and many just will not accept anything new. Some of the few younger members are trying to bring in more contemporary music and do things to entice younger people with out too much success. The older folks tend to put a damper on new stuff, but our Pastor is younger and really trying to get the old folks into this century! I guess there needs to be a place for everybody.
Most Active