Deut. 6:7

Hislady
on 2/17/12 11:11 am - Vancouver, WA

"You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."

We are to live our lives as examples to our children and grand children, I believe this is THE most important job we have as a parent. We raised our daughter and a grand daughter they were both raised pretty much the same way but the daughter has chosen a different path and the grand daughter has chosen to follow the Christian path. Of course as parents we love them both! However there is a different type of bond with the Christian GD because we have that bond that all Christians have. She is very serious about raising her children as Christians and is working hard to learn more herself so she can share the Lord's knowledge with them. Remember even if you are not a parent children are still watching you to see how to react to different situations. No matter where you are little eyes are watching! Show them what is right!

God bless!
Karen

Bigtallsis
on 2/17/12 12:58 pm
hi I  am new to this site and I am thrilled to see a Christian website that also involes weight loss. I too am a Christian and I have a few friends whom have had weight loss surgery. I would like to make friends and learn more before my surgery and learn how others dealt with insurance issues and the  new journey they have started since the weight loss. hope to hear from others.
Bless you
Bigtallsis
Patricia R.
on 2/19/12 7:05 am - Perry, MI
 Hi and Welcome,
I hope you will post often as you proceed through your journey.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 2/18/12 11:31 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi "Sis" welcome to our board, we love new followers! I hope you enjoy my ramblings and feel free to voice yourself anytime. We are open for any discussions.
Patricia R.
on 2/19/12 7:04 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Karen,
My ex and I tried to raise our kids in a good Christian home, but my mental health issues prevented me from always behaving in a Spiritual manner,

Since my divorce, my ex does not attend church, and he remarried an unbelieber.  My sons have turned their backs on God, but my daughter and her husband are raising my grandchildren in a Christian home.  While my daughter and I have a Spiritual bond, we have a difficult relationship, because we have two very different personalities. She lives 12 hours away.  I am close with one of my sons for other reasons, plus he lives only an hour and half away. We both love the Phillies and Eagles, and are politically liberal.   My other son does not return phone calls that much, and lives 6 hours away.  

It's hard to develop a long distance relationship with my grandchildren, but I work hard at it.  I also own a Grandmother's Devotional Bible, which helps me pray more specifically for them.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Bigtallsis
on 2/19/12 11:24 am
hi thanks for your kind words I am so happy to have found this site and I will be glad when I can reply and go into chat rooms and here others stories. Hope you are having a good day. I beleive I heard from Karen and Trish.  thanks to both of you
Most Active