Philippians 4:11

Hislady
on 2/15/12 10:57 am - Vancouver, WA
I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.

This is a scripture that I can relate to on a daily basis. I have COPD, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, painful feet from surgeries and just the way my foot structure is, and also had breast cancer a few years ago. So I have HAD to adopt this way of life or forever be miserable! I know that if I were not a Christian I could never feel that way. It is only thru the strength and assistance from my Savior that I am able to wake up and want to start another day. Now there are days when I wake up REAL slow but I eventually get there. I have to give my pain meds time to kick in, rub many assorted body parts with icy hot and drink my Red Bull, yes it actually helps my fibro pain! Then once the body is primed I can hit the day crawling.  I'm not looking for a pity party because I know many others out there have similar days, but what I am saying is there are lots of folks out there that have a much easier life than I do that whine daily about their poor lot in life. Well if I can make it out of bed every day then you have no excuse for whining! I am content where I am, sure I'd love for it to be better but I still have joy in my life regardless of my situation. It could be way worse, I still can get around with a little work and most important I have Jesus in my life to lift me up on those rough days. One of my favorite things is the Footprints in the Sand pictures because that is my life every day and every day Jesus is there for me, just waiting......

God bless!
Karen
Most Active