Great day

Hislady
on 1/11/12 12:56 pm - Vancouver, WA
What an awesome day I had, a dear friend from years ago stopped by for a visit and I think we gabbed for 6+ hours. We used to be very close and she had some addiction issues but has worked thru those now so hopefully we can resume our friendship. She was a great friend until her issues drove me away. So I hope we'll be able to rebuild what we had before.

So how is everyone elses week going? Feel free to pop in and share the good things in your life or prayer requests if you have them!

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 1/12/12 11:23 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Karen,
I had an interesting day.  First, I saw the ENT about my broken nose.  He said I could wait until the swelling goes down all the way, and my leg heals, before we discuss any possible surgery.  Then I had to go to the lab to get my PT INR drawn.  By the time I got home, my wound bled through the bandages I had on my leg.  So, I had to change the dressing and wash the Ace bandage.  

The rest of the day was spent addressing, stuffing and putting stamps on 83 envelopes for a Special Olympics fundraiser.  So, tomorrow, I put them in the mail.  Pray we get a good turnout for this event.  It's a Polar Bear Plunge, where participants get financial support to walk into the Delaware River in two weeks and go "Freezin' for a Reason."  I volunteer by handing out shirts to all of the participants.  They also get participants who raise money by being "Too Chicken to Plunge."  They even have a shirt for that.  Last year it was so much fun.  People formed teams and dressed in outrageous costumes to plunge.  The organizers provide a heated tent for registrations and handing out the shirts, and two heated tents to change into dry clothes.  Fire departments provide a boat with a rescue person in the water in case someone has trouble in the water.  Last year we had a bad snowstorm the week of the Plunge, so they had to shovel a path to the river.  There was ice on the ground everywhere.

Well, I would appreciate prayer for my recuperation.  I have had a low grade fever two nights in a row and my doctor left for vacation today.  Argh.  So, I have to either call the doctor on call, or go to the ER and let them check me out again.  I really hate waiting in the ER.  Last time, I sat for two hours before they even gave me a bed.  At least I was admitted that time.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active