Wrong worship

Hislady
on 12/26/11 1:10 pm - Vancouver, WA
Whew now that the big holiday is over maybe I can get back on track here and post daily again! I shouldn't allow it to slow me down but I just run out of hours in the day.

So what is wrong worshipping? Isn't any worship good? Not always because many especially non Christians get the idea that if they worship God that He will provide them with good and wonderful stress free lives. Oh what I could tell them about that! They see good things happen to us and feel that if they do the same actions they will also get a good life, What many don't understand is that we worship God (or should) because He has already given us the blessing of salvation and that is why we worship Him because He is always there for us, we are adopted into His heavenly family when we accept Christ as our personal Savior. We also can have just as many trials as the unsaved but often we handle them better or more easily because we KNOW God walks with us and is there 24/7 to guide us. So don't worship Him just to get benefits, worship Him because we already have all the benefits!

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 12/27/11 9:40 am - Perry, MI
Hi Karen,
I have had four days of holiday celebrating with family.  I hosted my family dinner yesterday, as my daugter begged me to split the holiday into two days, as she, and her brothers, hated having to leave my family dinner to go to her Dad's every Christmas she is in town.  So, I hosted mine the day after.  Her in-laws do this to allow their children to celebrate at their spouses' families on the holiday.  Problem is, my daughter lives 12 hours away from us, so she only comes home every other Christmas.

My older son spent Christmas in Dallas with his lovely wife.  He flew into Philadelphia today, and he and his sister gave me my present today.  It is an 18 speed hybrid bike.  I love it.  Unfortunately, I need to buy a helmet and have a dry warmer day than today to try it out..  It was pouring most of this afternoon and evening.  

I have not been to worship in a while.  My physical and emotional health has been a mess.  Then, about three weeks ago, I began to experience anger toward God for the deaths of the men in my family.  My father died at 51, leaving my 11 year old brother a mess.  Then, five years ago, God took that brother at the age of 40.  A little over a year later, he took my older brother at age 56.  I never fully grieved for them.  In order to work through my anger about their deaths, and my family's losses, I have been writing letters to God.  I am not ready to attend worship services yet, because of my anger.  

I hope you have had a good holiday week.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

clubnewyou
on 12/27/11 10:22 pm - TN
Thanks so much for this post I thank God right now for having a right standing relationship with him. And I believe that even as Christians sometimes we get caught up benefits instead of knowing we have already been blessed. That's when we need to pray about our flesh. I can only pray for my flesh to continue to die and thank God in advance for the victory. I pray that you and your family are blessed indeed today and everyday.

PS. Please Pray with me for my daughter who is failing in school her name is Khyla and she is having a very hard time in the ninth grade.

Thanks Again
Hislady
on 12/28/11 6:29 am - Vancouver, WA
Thanks ladies it's good to see responses here! Trish I had a situation like that too where I was just so mad at a situation that I couldn't go to church for awhile. However I finally realized I was only hurting myself more and that it was satan who was using the situation to pull me away from God and after several years of prayer the situation has turned around and is good again. Just remember that satan will use this to hurt you where God will use it to help you grow. I pray you will soon be able to return to worship, remember how good it used to make you feel and cling to that!

We'll also be in prayer for the daughter having issues with her school. All I can say is I'm sure glad I don't have to go to school in this day and age, I'd for sure flunk everything! Maybe see if there is any kind of tutoring available. Sometimes a one on one situation can help. Good luck!
Michael L.
on 2/8/12 10:39 am - Fall River, MA
On December 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM Pacific Time, Hislady wrote:
Whew now that the big holiday is over maybe I can get back on track here and post daily again! I shouldn't allow it to slow me down but I just run out of hours in the day.

So what is wrong worshipping? Isn't any worship good? Not always because many especially non Christians get the idea that if they worship God that He will provide them with good and wonderful stress free lives. Oh what I could tell them about that! They see good things happen to us and feel that if they do the same actions they will also get a good life, What many don't understand is that we worship God (or should) because He has already given us the blessing of salvation and that is why we worship Him because He is always there for us, we are adopted into His heavenly family when we accept Christ as our personal Savior. We also can have just as many trials as the unsaved but often we handle them better or more easily because we KNOW God walks with us and is there 24/7 to guide us. So don't worship Him just to get benefits, worship Him because we already have all the benefits!

God bless!
Karen
Amen!!
I am a worship leader and music director at my church. That was so well put. It made my night reading this....

God bless,
Michael
Hislady
on 2/9/12 7:50 am - Vancouver, WA
Thank you so much Michael! That's my hubby's name too. I really appreciate feedback because so few people post here I sometimes wonder if I'm just blowing around my hot air.I used to teach an adult womens Sunday school class and really enjoyed it even tho I never taught anything in my life. I use the Daily Bread for a topic here and then God puts the words in my head. Sometimes I look at what I've written and don't even remember writing it, so it must be from Him! Kudos to you for you work at your church, I know how hard it is to get people to help sometimes so I'm sure you are much appreciated, keep up the good work! God bless!
Most Active