Im stressed today

clubnewyou
on 12/23/11 5:32 am - TN
Today i feel like nothing is going the way i would like for it to go...I know how to pray but sometimes i get to frustrated to pray.....christmas is coming and although we are supposed to teach our childern the real meaning of the day i dont feel real good when i have hardly anything to give mine. I dont know right now im aggravated hoping that venting will help.keep me lifted thanks
Hislady
on 12/23/11 9:12 am - Vancouver, WA
Oh I know how you feel! I used to work a minimun wage job and had a young daughter. However at Christmas it was my job at work to collect money and buy gifts for needy families. So here would be piles of toys for "other people" and while my daughtr never went without it was so hard to explain to her why she didn't get any of those gifts and why we had to give them to other kids! Now we have lots of relatives so she always got plenty but at that age more is better!

I really tried to make it more about the real meaning of Christmas by reading the Christmas story out of the Bible on Christmas eve and we made cookies (thank you food stamps) and then gave some to friends and neighbors. It's hard for kids to really understand when it is so commercialized but all you can do is help them see the real gift of Christmas which is our Savior who came from nothing but ended up King! I pray our Lord will help you to get this across to the little ones and that you will be blessed this Christmas. If you show joy and thankfull ness they will see that and hopefully join in.
Most Active