Just popping in

Hislady
on 12/16/11 7:24 am - Vancouver, WA
Forgot to let ya all know I had foot surgery yesterday so will be resting up over the weekend and hopefully back Mon. All went well and am now stuck in bed for 6 weeks, thank God for my awesome hubby! He takes care of me and goes to his 91 yr. old moms twice a day to get her meals for her. He's a very special guy and I truely appreciate all he does for me!
Hope you all have a great weekend, try not to get in too much of a rush and enjoy the holiday for what it is.

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 12/17/11 4:04 am - Perry, MI
 Karen,
Remind me what type of foot surgery you had.  My hammertoe surgery had me resting my pitiful foot for many weeks.  I was bedridden for about four days, but eventually moved out to the living room to put my foot up on the ottoman with three pillows on it.

I will keep you in my prayers.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 12/17/11 12:49 pm - Vancouver, WA
Mine is basically hammer toe too but I have pins in my toes for 6 weeks. It's the same thing I had done in Sept but on the other foot. He also shortened my toes a bit because I couldn't hardly find any shoes to wear. My 2nd and 3rd toes were longer than my big toe so shoes were a nightmare, I barely fit in a size 12 womens, not much to choose from there! I can walk on crutches to the bathroom but that's it and I have to keep the weight on my heel, otherwise I have to keep it up. I think I like your surgeon better! This guy is supposed to be the best in western WA so I guess he knows what he's doing and I like him so I'll follow orders.
Have a great weekend!
Patricia R.
on 12/18/11 11:51 am - Perry, MI
 I walked on my heel for a while too.  I got pins put in, but they are the kind that dissolve.  It usually takes a full year for them to dissolve. The pain is longer.  He told me he wasn't sure what kind of pins he would need till he got in there.  He was able to use the dissolvable ones with both surgeries.

I'll keep you in prayer.

Hugs,
Trish

PS:  Can you PM me on Facebook with your snail mail address.  I lost it.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active