OT : smo and hurt my knee

shygirlxoxo
on 9/21/12 2:59 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12
Ok so im still pre-op but im freaking out because ive hurt my knee. Not sure what it is yet but im really scared about trying to get around at this weight with a knee injury. I have so much coming up, im terrified it wont be able to heal with all this extra weight on it. Anyone have any advice or tips?

-Anna  HW: 401 | SW: 377 (12/04/12) Blog: http://notfattabulous.blogspot.com

Lucky2talk2
on 9/22/12 3:26 am - Renton, WA
I have my right knee that I injured at nearly 600 lbs, terriable that is when power chair and I came to be and went downhill from there. I know for me I had a torn ACL and Miniscus. Also severe arthritis and there was no doctor that would operate due to my weight.

I would suggest you see a doctor. Ice/heat it. Not sure if a brace to help, but pending shape of your leg, it may or may not fit properly. Best advice is see a doctor to have them let you know what is wrong with it. Try to keep mobile! But follow doctor also!

Hoping your leg gets better soon! Hang in there!

Hugs,
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Phatchick
on 9/22/12 9:56 am, edited 9/22/12 2:57 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Several years ago, I popped something in my knee at 356#'s and could not walk for one week. My knee kept giving out and I finally had to go to the doctor because ice was not helping it. I had an MRI and they said the results were inconclusive. Xrays indicated bad RA and bone on bone. I have been getting cortisone shots for the past 3 years.

Recently I started working out with a personal trainer who also has bad knee probs and he strongly recommended I see his chiropractor. He also gave me stretching exercises for my knees. I went to the chiropracter who ices my knee everyday and applies a tens unit. My knee pain is 75% better w/o the cortisone shots.

I recommend you ice the knee and keep it up as much as possible. This will heal the injury if it is not something serious. If after a week you are not better, you should see someone who can help you.

Be better,

Sharon

Most Active