New to this site/Kaiser Insurance

missmomof4
on 4/19/12 9:39 am
RNY on 09/10/12
 Hello everyone, I am new to this site and just beginning my journey to wls. I currently have Kaiser insurance and they require you do to a 12 week program called Options. I wonder if anyone else has gone through this program . And I would love ANY advice anyone can give me on what I should be doing to make sure I stay on track , stay motivated and do what the insurance wants so I am not denied!! I appreicate all the advice I can get!

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
acbbrown
on 4/19/12 1:44 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I went through Kaiser So Cal and had to do the 12 week Options class. 

For me, I wanted to get my BMI under 50 before surgery so I could reduce my risk of complications (started at 60+) so that was my motivation. I lost 10% of my weight - something Kaiser will ask you do - during the 12 week program. (lost a total of 85 during the 10 or so months it took from the time of the referral to the time of surgery) I recommend taking advantage of the waiting period both before and after you start the program to start making changes to your diet and exercise and lose as much weight as possible.  It was the best thing that happened to me. I know all of the people I did the class with - maybe 1-2 out of the 30 managed to lose 10-15 lbs, but none of them lost the 10% and some of them gained quite a few lbs during the program. Not sure whether they were ever approved for surgery. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

missmomof4
on 4/19/12 3:04 pm
RNY on 09/10/12
 Well I start the classes tomorrow haha but I am really very excited, I know its not guaranteed and will be tons of hard work, but I know that at the VERY least I will walk away with is a great education on nutrition and what I need to be doing for my body. I'm really looking forward to being in a class with others in my same situation as well.
They did tell me that I will need to loose 10% of my weight now, that does have me nervous, but I really feel ready.
Scary that in your class there were only 1-2 that actually lost the weight, those arent very good statistics, but I am determined to do this - I HAVE to do this! 
After you finished the program, about how long was it until you had your surgery?

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
acbbrown
on 4/19/12 11:33 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I finished the classes in Mid Feb and had a consult early April, and was given a surgery day mid May for June. So about 4 months. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active