5 Month check up after surgery 70 pounds gone.

Doris Cervenka
on 10/13/11 2:56 pm - Ganado, TX
    I am so happy it been 5 months after my surgery.   Even though I feel better now.  Than I ever have in my entire life.   Blood work up was great.  The best it has been in years.  I was  so worried that was not losing enough weight.   Because,  My weight slowed down it just stalled for a last  month.  So fear ans stress took over.  Which did not help.   My legs and feet still swelling.  Since having to take lasix every once in a while.  So  my weight change from day to day.  I finally had to quit weighing myself on daily basis.  Actually , It was more than once a day. But, This last week I finally lost  5 pounds again .  My doctor I am on the right track.  

The problem is I am a worrier.  I,m also afraid of everything that could go wrong.  I guess, I always thinking the worst so I will not be disappointed.  I been so disappointed about my weight so many times in my life.  I was afraid I was not losing enough weight and at the right times.  I was worried that I was  not eating  enough protein.   I was worried about my vitamins and If I was taking enough. worried about my hair falling out .  Which some has. But, Everything is fine.  I was worried since lost so much weight before surgery.  That the rest would not come off.  Especially with my high B.M.I.     I just have so much more to lose and not very much time to lose it in.  These five months have gone by so fast. 
I  almost feel like so much time was wasted.   The first 3 months.  I was so sick all the time.  I did not have the energy to walk let a lone exercise.  So that worried me. 
High weight- 395  Surgery weight -330 current weight- 260

So all together I have lost 135 pounds.  70 Pounds since my surgery.

My next goals for the next five months is to exercise daily  and to quit worrying so much. About things I can do nothing about.  I will quite worrying about the pounds. I have not lost and enjoy my new body and be thankful for the 135 pounds.  I have lost.
 P.S. One more thing.  I will quit reading the failed weight lose forum.  It just make worry worst.
Erica H.
on 10/14/11 4:50 am
 Congrats on 135lbs lost! You have done fantastic! I know how you are feeling I am a worrier too. Its hard to sit back and just be proud of all the hard work I have put into this.  I  have been overweight my entire  life and all the baggage that goes along with that just doesnt go away. I started seeing a counselor and it really helps me to put things into perspective.

Yay !!!! For your dedication and hard work.

Erica
Doris Cervenka
on 10/17/11 7:07 am - Ganado, TX
Thank you , Erica

InkdSpEdTchr
on 10/18/11 2:38 am
Maybe now that you've seen that you are not going to be failure, you can stop some of the worrying and focus more on the living!

Keep up the great work that you're already doing!

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Molly S.
on 10/21/11 11:49 am - Chicago, IL
Good job Doris!! Congrats!!!  It is a good idea to stop reading negative forums for sure.  Try to remain positive. Being positive will serve you well.  Keep up the good work!

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

abrown8434
on 10/30/11 7:07 am - VA
Thank you for posting this; it encouraged me! I feel like a slow loser since I only lost 40 lbs in the 1st month and then 2 lbs a week later. Right now the scale is at a stop. I'm adding back exercise and trying to not weigh everyday.

I am trying to remember that I am healthier now and no longer in pain. The wegiht WILL COME OFF and I just have to be patient. The first 2-3 weeks spoiled me and I have to remember that the weight loss slows after that!

You've done awesome and I hope I will lose as much as you by month 5!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active