The old fashion 300 pounds balance Doctor Scale. I finally beat it.

Doris Cervenka
on 8/19/11 9:16 am, edited 8/19/11 9:27 am - Ganado, TX
     One of the truly things I hated the most in this world is one those fashion doctors weight scales that balance the weights.  Some go up to 350 . Some go up to 300.   I hated all  of those scales most of my life.   A normal spring scale never bothered me. 
     I think,  It was the nurse always taking you to them  and Uou even though. You knew it was going to work and She knew it was not going to  work.  They would weigh you anyway.   
       I was big enough. That neither would weigh me at one time or another.  It was humilating.  To still be taken to that scale.  Even though you knew you would be able to be weigh on it and They knew it to. But, They did it  anyway.  Even when you told them.  Your correct weight before hand.  So many times.   They said they still had to do it.
  My gym also has one that weigh up to 350.  I spent months weighing myself on trying to get under 350.  so i could just get my surgery. My doctor told me to lose Eighty pounds.   It would always.  Just fall short by a pound or half a pound from balancing at 350.  Just a centameter off.   Trying to balance it.  Drove me crazy.  Especially when your  a pound or  pound and a half off. 
       You go back next week.  But,  After , dieting and exercising. And think your going to be under 350 and instead.  You have gained four pounds.  
  I just hated it.  I felt I was a war with that evil scale.

I had a spring scale never made me mad.
   I had one that give an accurate weight at home.  And their was no real reason for me to have to used that old fashion balance scale.   

Even though of finally of got under 350 pounds.  
  I  guess had been at war with that scale since the school nurse first weighted my as a child.  Then, Every year after that hearing her say.  It is so much easier if you just would lose the weight.   While your young it will be so much easier.  I like did not spend every day of my life trying to lose weight or feeling bad about my weight. Since the first grade.  Like any one at school would let me forget . I was fat.   She really did not mean to hurt But, felt like knife in my back everytime.

Finally 4 months after Gastric -by- pass.  I was able to go into the doctors office and be weighed on the old fashion 300 pound balance scale.  If felt wonderful.  It felt like the war was finally over.  It felt  like.  I had finally beatem it for good and forever.  I know it is crazy.   But, I did it and more . Hit 275 pounds. 
     I know it crazy to write about this.  But, I could not help myself.  I wanted to tell people who would understand.  How wonderful it felt.  I have not jump around.   But, It was a quiet Victory.  

But, I still know. I  have miles to go and lots of pounds to lose.  Before,  I rest.
DianaRR
on 8/20/11 7:43 am - CA
Congratulations on beating the scale!
I sure hate getting on a scale at a doctor's office, too. And sometimes their spring scales aren't able to weigh me either.
I look forward to getting below 300 lbs, too.
Gina1013
on 8/20/11 11:52 am - Canton, OH
 Congratulations!
I couldn't wait to be able to be weighed at my PCP's office. Every time there was a new nurse or PA working and they asked me to get on the scale it was embarrassing to tell them that their scale won't weigh me. NOW the scale weighs me......but MY doctor's scale goes to 400!

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

Brenda C.
on 8/20/11 2:52 pm
Woot! Woot!  I am looking forward to breaking out of the 300's, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Brenda : )~
InkdSpEdTchr
on 8/22/11 1:45 am
Congrats, doesn't it feel wonderful to be in the 200's!?!?!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

BriarRose
on 8/24/11 2:26 pm
That is a great victory !!!! You should brag about it !!!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Most Active