Finally got my surgery date. !!!!!!!!!! Having last meal symdome attacks!!!!!!

Doris Cervenka
on 4/18/11 4:10 am - Ganado, TX
  I finally got my surgery date May 25.   Been waiting for so long and working so hard for it.   But scared to death but, I am so happy. 

I,m  having last meal symdome attacks.   Have not drunk a diet coke in 5 month.  All of a sudden.  I what one so bad.  Knowing I can,t have them after surgery.   It did not really even taste good.  But, I can,t believe it drunk it anyway.  It makes me crazy.  I am so mad at myself.  All of a sudden!!!  I ,m thinking of food all the time.

I hoping  to control myself and don,t go crazy and want to eat everything I see for one last time.  I know it is part of my addiction to food. But, Everything been going so well.   Been sticking to my diet.   

All of a sudden.  I feel I craving everything.  and  I still have month to go until surgery.  In someways I feel like time is ticking away.

I have gone back to reading my overeatter anonymous book to gain some control and doing the steps.

Did anybody else feel this way before having Surgery.
Tracey W.
on 4/18/11 3:03 pm
I met my weight loss goal for presurgery a few weeks ago and since then it's been very difficult for me too. Here I am, about to see the surgeon, and I have to relose the last 5 pounds from the last 3 weeks. I know that it's nerves. I try to keep telling myself that I'll be able to eat things that I lvoe after surgery, eventually. But, the mind is a tricky thing.
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
Molly S.
on 4/19/11 5:47 am - Chicago, IL
Keep telling yourself this!!  Congrats on 80 pounds lost Tracey!!  When is your surgery date?

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

Tracey W.
on 4/19/11 1:42 pm
The supervising doctor met with the surgeon last friday and were going to talk about me. I haven't heard what was decided yet.
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
Molly S.
on 4/19/11 5:48 am - Chicago, IL
I think everyone did or most did. Congrats on WLS date and a new life!!  you tool will serve you well if you follow directions given by your team!!  Whooohoooo!! 

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

Brenda C.
on 4/20/11 8:21 am
If you don't get your head into this, it will be a lot harder.

Stop thinking of all you are giving up - but what you are CHOOSING.  There are many things you still can have - IN MODERATION.  The last meal mentality will hurt you more than not getting surgery at all (just my opinion).  I know someone who got kicked out of a program, she kept gaining weight after she entered it.  She then went back to her "usual," lost the weight, and is maintaining.

A lot of what you have to get into your head is what they tell us - "It is a TOOL."  I have only lost 81 pounds in five months - and I am working my butt off, eating right, but still not seeing the weight losses others get.  I am not giving up, I am not going back to bad habits, I am working toward winning my battle.

Hang in there!  If you can get past the "Last Meal" thoughts, you will be just fine!
Brenda ; )~
acbbrown
on 4/22/11 11:02 am - Granada Hills, CA
I don't even have a surgery date yet and I have that problem. The closer I get, the more anxiety I have, and the more I want to eat. I haven't been able to stop myself from indulging, but the deal I made with myself is that I have to drink 80oz of fluid and exercise for 45 minutes if I'm going to eat junk (and by that, it's usually the breakfast burritos at work that are killing my will power)

It's perfectly okay to feel what you are feeling, and even if you drink the diet coke. As long as you REALIZE why you are feeling that way, and how's it connected to what you are eating, you are one step closer to being able to control it. Once you can identify the issue, you are in a position to come up with a plan. But it doesn't happen over night so be gentle with yourself.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Doris Cervenka
on 4/24/11 7:57 am - Ganado, TX
Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active