Recent Posts

Lemise
on 9/12/14 12:00 pm
Topic: RE: Revision ?

Hi, I am looking into a GB and wondering what went wrong that you gained the weight back?  Was a it a compliance issue? I am not sure I want to go thru the process if I am just going to gain the weight back. Do you feel it was worth it?

thanks

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/29/14 3:30 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: Important Information Regarding OH Event Hotel Group Pricing

Hello!  

The ObesityHelp Event Hotel has provided us a new link for booking, as the group pricing for Friday night rooms has sold out!  If you have not booked yet, please go to the link below. Remember...All of our group pricing ends on 8/1/14. You may be able to still book a room, but at a much higher rate!

New link and info:

ObesityHelp 2014

Start date: 8/11/14

End date: 8/20/14

Last day to book by: 8/1/14

Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:

• Manhattan Beach Marriott  for 139.00 USD  - 179.00 USD  per night

Book your group rate: ObesityHelp 2014 >>

See you there!  

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

FaithFULLly
on 7/27/14 1:05 pm
Topic: Arizona Support Groups

Hey Folks,

Just had my surgery July 21st and feeling great. I was wondering if anyone attends a support group that they enjoy? I would love to find one in Phoenix in particular. Please let me know, I appreciate all guidance.

upty71
on 7/24/14 3:16 am - WI
Topic: RE: UHC Employee looking for help

Did you have any luck with your appeal?

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/14 12:48 pm
Topic: 'Large Friendly' Primary Care Physicians in Tucson?

Hi all.

I'm new to Tucson, AZ (former East Coast resident).

I'm sorry for being repetitive (I'm sure this question has been asked before), but does anyone have a suggestion or three for a Primary Care physician that is 'large/heavy friendly'?

I would a 'moderate' physician that has knowledge of weight issues. I'd certainly like get weight loss surgery but my current insurance specifically has a disclaimer against ANY bariatric treatment or surgery (which REALLY stinks - not many 'heavy' people at my work, so no one really cares).

In any event, a doctor that is aware of weight-related issues and can help prep me for the eventual surgery would be great.

Preferably someone that doesn't look at me like I disgust them, but also not someone that thinks I can weigh any amount (too much, in this case) and still be healthy.

Thanks in advance for your collective help and nice to meet my fellow "Tucsonans" (? lol - no idea if that's even a thing! :-) ).

msaz
on 7/12/14 5:46 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: Self Pay Arizona

Hi, best of luck to you.  I am doing mine thru True Results - my ins also has a no gastric clause but they quoted me a fee of $6000. for Lap Band and that covers everything, including a year of fills and adjustments.  I didn't see any other comments about them yet but I just joined.

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/8/14 5:50 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: The Countdown is on....will you be there?

The ObesityHelp Conference 2014 is about education and information for living a healthy lifestyle with weight loss surgery.  In addition to the Grad Panel Q/A, Professional Panel Q/A, Fashion Show, no charge professional quality Pixel Photo Booth pictures, free plastic surgery consults, a Meet & Greet and Keynote Speaker Graham Elliot, MasterChef Judge, here's the 4-1-1 on the sessions at the Conference:

●   I'm Changing and I'm Perfect As I Am

●   Dealing with uncomfortable food situations and social settings after WLS

●   The importance of support on your WLS journey

●   Reading Between the Labels:  How To Outsmart Your Groceries

●   How Much Does a Zebra Weigh?  (Yes, you'll find out in this session)

●   Re-Defining Success After Bariatric Surgery

●   Six Steps to Success When Coping With Addiction after WLS

●   What To Do After the Honeymoon is Over

●   Exploring Your Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Options

●   What To Expect When You're Expecting.....Surgery to Work

●   Sex, Intimacy and Relationships after WLS

●   How Yoga supports your WLS journey

From attending the Conference, you'll take away things you've learned that will help you live a healthy lifestyle, friendships that you'll have made, lots of vendor samples and a goodie bag, photos and memories that you'll cherish for a long time. 

The countdown to the Conference is ON......buy your tickets now - you'll be glad you did!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

arndtheman
on 7/6/14 2:04 am
Topic: ten days post op no weight loss

I had my bypass 6/24 and am the same weight as I was the day of my surgery. Can anyone tell me if this has happened to them? Thank you. 

TMClem62530
on 7/3/14 4:49 am - Wheeling, WV
Topic: RE: Are You Having Troubles With Your Lapband Leaking?

I was banded January 2004, but now have leak. It is usually caused by needle punctured tubing or band/port leaking which isn't normal. Osmosis can happen, but not a large amount. Have him check amount, do x-ray with contrast or speak with nutritionist armed with your food log to discuss what else you can do.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad! You know your body best and your concerns should be explored without judgment.  Just my opinion.

Tacy

Member Services
on 7/1/14 4:38 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Exclusive Interview with Graham Elliot, Keynote speaker at OH Conference

ObesityHelp had the opportunity for an exclusive interview with MasterChef Judge, Graham Elliot.  This month marks his one year VSG surgery anniversary, and he's lost 150 pounds. 

Graham is the Keynote Speaker at the OH Conference 2014.  At the Conference, you'll hear his story and have an opportunity to talk with him in the question/answer part of his presentation. 

Most Active