Recent Posts

Lori M.
on 7/20/15 3:04 pm - Queen Creek, AZ
Topic: Dr Robin Blackstone

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Blackstone? I have been told that she is no longer with Scottsdale Bariatric and it appears where ever she has gone Melissa has followed but I cannot get any information from anyone at the office. Does anyone have any idea?

Kristie B.
on 7/15/15 9:20 pm - Surprise, AZ
Topic: RE: Arizona Support Groups

Were you able to find a support group? I'm in Surprise and wouldn't mind hosting meetings at my house if there is an interest. 

Kristie

VSG 12/08/08

RNY 11/09/20

Kristie B.
on 7/15/15 5:33 pm - Surprise, AZ
Topic: Frustrated and need PCP in Surprise/Sun City area

Looking for a PCP in Surprise/Sun City area.  The doctor I currently see is not familiar with VSG and doesn't know what labs to run. When we were in CA I was followed at Balboa but now that we are here for the last 2 years I've had lots of issues and really no answers.  I've been passing out among other things and have been cleared by the neurologist and the cardiologist.  Tricare referred me to a doctor that is advertised on this website and I thought cool finally I will get some help....NOPE!  Not so much. They wanted $500 to join their before the doctor would talk to me and the only thing my insurance said I am supposed to pay is my $12 copay. I don't have $500 to join their "club". I don't need 24 hr access to all their providers. I've already had the surgery. I don't need the whole program. I just need the right labs run and a doctor that understands VSG and Fibromyalgia/Arthritis.  

Kristie

VSG 12/08/08

RNY 11/09/20

Beckmo
on 7/15/15 1:03 pm - Mesa, AZ
Topic: RE: Revision ?

Hello There, I had Gastric Bypass Dec. 2007, by Dec 2009 I lost half my body (175 lbs).  Then, with health issues and some compliance issues the weight slowly creeped on.  I had an UGI done and it showed the stoma was completely open... I had no retention in my pouch. I had gained 65 lbs back and needed a revision due to not being able to retain anything in the pouch.  I was just approved to have the revision to the Duodenal Switch on July 28th.  I really wish I had gone with the DS in the first place.  If you have a lot of weight to lose... consider the DS.

Yes, the GB helped me lose 175 lbs and it was worth it, but now with the complications with it... how does it stay off?

Beckmo

mommabear0101
on 5/7/15 4:28 pm
Topic: RE: Where is Dr. Steven Simon?

Its not a leave of absence. Theres a very good reason why Dr.Simon or Schlesinger are no longer practicing bariatric surgery anymore. Horrible horrible!  Anyone experiencing problems find another doctor asap and do a gastric swallow test with contrast under xray trust me! A good doctor treat his patients like guinea pigs.  You can find dr.simon at casa grande hospital.  Dr.Galinsky is amazing!  

figbart
on 3/4/15 2:29 am - Bellevue, WA
Topic: RE: VSG veteran regain and in need of panniculectomy

Hi

My email is [email protected]    Still trying to find the reset button……… trying to do the old weigh****chers thing with writing down what I eat and trying to restart some exercise  :)  !  Seems it gets harder every year I get older  LOL  Still trying to find the right thyroid meds also…….. so I maybe will have a bit more energy.

Linda

SW238/ GW120
5'2'' BMI42?  I AM ON MY WAY !!

ernagoldkuhl
on 3/4/15 1:48 am
Topic: RE: VSG veteran regain and in need of panniculectomy

HI! I was drawn to your post because I also had the VSG- 6 years in June and have gained about the same amount of weight- and I live  in Tucson. I am sorry, I can't help with the main part of your post, but I would love to be able to connect via email... I am also trying to find the vsg reset.

Erna

reggi_67
on 2/14/15 8:27 am - Florence, AZ
RNY on 09/19/14
Topic: Primary Care Physicians

I am from the Casa Grande area. My PCP does not have a clue about gastric bypass surgery. A few days ago I ended up having emergency gallbladder removal because my symptoms, including a 2 centimeter gallstone, was not properly diagnosed. I am needing to locate a doctor, who practices general medicine and knows a fair amount of gastric surgery...Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Kathy S.
on 2/9/15 12:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: The moment you've all been waiting for . . . OH2015 Location Announcement!

And the winner is....

http://events.obesityhelp.com/

Not sure you are going?  Check out the video from last years conference and you will see what you missed.  BOOK NOW

We hope to see you all there

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Marilyn Gropper
on 12/27/14 3:08 am - Phoenixville, PA
Topic: RE: Arizona Support Groups

I am 12 years out of Lap Gastric roux n y surgery. I am looking for a support group in Arizona hopefully in the West Valley.

I can start a new group if there is the need.

Marilyn

Most Active