Recent Posts

jilliecats
on 11/23/10 11:14 am
Topic: RE: BISBEE, ARIZONA
Thank you so much for your info!  We will be checking it out for sure!

Jilliecats          

moving-on
on 11/23/10 10:57 am - Rimrock, AZ
Topic: RE: BISBEE, ARIZONA
A few years ago we visted and went on the mine tour. Wanted to see the Caverns but they were booked up. I really enjoyed the old part of Bisbee, very quaint and they even have a shop and sell Bisbee coffee. We really enjoyed ourselves
furiosmommy
on 11/23/10 6:49 am - Phoenix, AZ
Topic: RE: New VSG Hopeful in Phx!
Hi there! That's funny, I live in the Cave Creek and 101 area as well. Looks like I have to endure the 6 month diet still before I can get scheduled, but I hope to be sleeved asap! That's great you have a date. How exciting.
cherubchic85
on 11/23/10 6:22 am
Topic: Surgery Date SET!

Just got the call today from the surgeons office! December 20th will be the first day of my new life!!!  I am so excited!!!  Only problem is no one in my immediate life seems like they are happy about it.  My husband isn't thrilled (not because he likes bigger women - he doesn't) and my family is looking at this as more of a burden on them to watch my son (18 months) while I'm in the hospital.  It really sucks when you want to be happy about something and you have no support. :( 

cherubchic85
on 11/23/10 6:12 am
Topic: RE: New VSG Hopeful in Phx!
Hey there!!! I live in North Phoenix too!  Just got the call today and surgery is scheduled for December 20th with Dr. Schuster.  I am so excited!  I live by Cave Creek and the 101...looking for someone who might be a support buddy?
Jeannie O.
on 11/22/10 1:11 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 02/15/10 with
Topic: RE: IVC
Congratulations on your date!  I don't know what an IVC filter is but Dr. Podkemeni is a great surgeon you are in good hands.  Best of luck!
With Positive Thoughts, JeannieO.                                   
jilliecats
on 11/22/10 5:48 am
Topic: BISBEE, ARIZONA

HELLO ALL YOU ARIZONIANS!!

We will be leaving for Bisbee at the beginning of next week.  We plan on being there for a week or so.  Can any of you give me any local info on what to do/see/eat/etc. while we are there?

We like just about anything there is.  Jeff is real into geological type stuff and me, I am into gift shops!

I have heard that it is a hang out for the gay/lesbian scene.  Although we are neither, it still would be great to experience that as well.  Are there festivals or ????  Do these happen any particular time of the year?

Any help for us simpleton tourists would be really welcomed. 

Thanks!!!!!

Jillie and Jeff

Jilliecats          

Ann M.
on 11/20/10 7:08 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: Christmas Party - You're all invited
The Sun City Weight Loss Surgery group is holding their annual Christmas Party on December 11, 2010 at the Royal Cafe in Sun City.  The time will be 11:00 to whenever.  This will be eat off the menu; they do have some items that are WLS friendly and you can split with someone. 

Royal Cafe is on Grand near 107th Avenue.  Go on Grand to 107th and turn south, turn right into the shopping center and then go to the end.  There's plenty of parking.  The food is good and plentiful.

We are also going to have an ornament exchange so bring a wrapped ornament if you'd like to participate.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/20/10 2:34 am - Mexico
Topic: RE: Flagstaff Medical Center.. Dr Berger and Dr Aldridge..?
On November 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM Pacific Time, stephaniewhite06 wrote:
His reasoning for not wanting the bypass is he still wants to be able to drink alcohol.. I have told him about all the rexisions on the band.. but he insists..

Being a WLS patient yourself, do you really think he is ready for WLS?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
dmk22498
on 11/19/10 1:41 pm - tempe, AZ
Topic: RE: IVC
Congratulations and good luck on you surgery. Mine is December 3. Its getting close for both of us!!!

As for the IVC filter...It is a fairly easy procedure. Now I have not had one myself but had been involved in the placement of these filters for many years. I operated the X-ray machine while the Dr placed the filter. The Dr will thread a catheter into your femoral vein and deploys the filter when the placement is correct. The device is used to help prevent  a Pulmonary embolism. I hoped this helped.
Darren

Most Active