Recent Posts

Michelle L.
on 11/29/10 12:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
Topic: RE: Surgery Date SET!
Well, I'm happy for you. :)  I just finished my last step of my insurance approval process last week, so now I'm waiting for approval.
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/28/10 1:05 am - Mexico
Topic: RE: Hi, AZ is my second home
On November 25, 2010 at 8:03 AM Pacific Time, missgoddess61 wrote:
Hi My name is Cindy, I live here in Tucson. I-10 &  Wilmont. I had gastric bypass 4 yrs ago. i am starting to gain alil of weight back. Do you have any info on support groups or Dr here in Tucson? Also I would like to be your Friend. Hope to hear from you soon
Cindy

If you are starting to regain please follow through with MD visits and support groups even if you have to start your own.  In the meantime use these boards for support.  That's what keeps me straight.  Just by being active in the WLS community is all I need.

There is a doc in the valley that is one of the best in the world, John Husted.  He's one of a handful of surgeons in the country that can do surgeries such as RNY to DS in the same surgery.  I'm not suggesting you get a revision, my point is that is how good he is.  I know for a fact he sees patients he did not operate on, that's what he specializes in.  People with problems regardless of who did their surgery.

if you want his cell phone just PM me.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Ann M.
on 11/26/10 9:00 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: Need Dr in Tucson Az
Call Dr. Podkameni's office.  He's in Gilbert but does take other RNY patients other than his own.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/25/10 2:17 pm - Mexico
Topic: RE: Need Dr in Tucson Az
Sorry, I know of a few in Phoenix but not Tucson. If you can't find one you like in Tucson let me know.

missgoddess61
on 11/25/10 12:03 am
Topic: RE: Hi, AZ is my second home
Hi My name is Cindy, I live here in Tucson. I-10 &  Wilmont. I had gastric bypass 4 yrs ago. i am starting to gain alil of weight back. Do you have any info on support groups or Dr here in Tucson? Also I would like to be your Friend. Hope to hear from you soon
Cindy
missgoddess61
on 11/24/10 11:54 pm
Topic: Need Dr in Tucson Az
Hi my name is Cindy, I live in Tucson AZ. I had RNY in Sept 2007. I moved here from another state. I would like to see if anyone could help me with any info in finding a Dr that will take a new Patient that has had RNY. I also need to find a support group. I am starting to gain my weight back. I need to get back on track.so if anyone could help please reply back.
Thanks a bunch
Cindy
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/24/10 11:46 am - Mexico
Topic: RE: BISBEE, ARIZONA
Have you ever been to Jerome, AZ? From what you post I have a hunch you'd get a kick out of that city if you haven't already been there.

That's not a place you'd want to spend a week though, 1-2 days is more than enough. ;o)

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/24/10 11:44 am - Mexico
Topic: RE: New VSG Hopeful in Phx!
Sleeves rock! Best surgery type for me! I had a band and revised to a sleeve 2.5 years ago and it was the best thing I could have done.

Congrats to the newbies!

cherubchic85
on 11/24/10 6:33 am

Thank you!  I hope you hear from them soon!  The waiting is the worst part! I was starting to get convinced that I was never going to hear from anyone!

Superspouse
on 11/24/10 6:11 am - AZ
Congrats! I'm waiting for authorization...
Most Active