Recent Posts

marcie K.
on 12/5/10 12:45 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
Topic: RE: Need Dr in Tucson Az
 I know Dr Monash will take other dr's patients.  Dr.'s Burpee and Chiasson will on a case to case basis (though I only know of myself and one other person that they have taken).  There is the TUSWLS support group; it has two meetings a month one at northwest and one at a church on the east side.  The first monday of the month at northwest hospital and the second tues at the church.  

Deanne K.
on 12/5/10 9:02 am - Tucson, AZ
Topic: RE: Severe Hypoglycemia
Have they tested you for Colitis or Crohns?  It could answer the malabsorption part with the vitamins. 

Blood sugars I have no idea.  I had them prior to revision and don't really have them much anymore, but I do watch them.  I always keep glucose tablets and eat every couple of hours, especially if my blood sugar is in the 70's.  Do see an endocrinologist and a gastroenterologist.

Ann M.
on 12/4/10 10:38 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: Severe Hypoglycemia
You might want to make an appointment with an endocrinologist to see if there's something else going on.  He can work in conjunction with your surgeon to help you get back to a healthy life.  Please don't give up, there has to be an answer out there and the more help you have looking at the problem, the better it'll be.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Ann M.
on 12/4/10 10:35 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: Got a Date!!
Way to go.  If you're not already attending one, you might want to use the next couple of months to attend support group meetings around the area.  You'll find out lots of good tips and tricks as well as things that happen that really are "normal" for us. 

If you're able, come on out to Sun City next Saturday (12/11) and join us at our Christmas Party at the Royal Cafe at the 107th & Grand (in the shopping center) at 11:00.  We'd love to have you there and you can meet a lot of post ops and they can answer questions you might have.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
motorhomemama
on 12/4/10 12:12 am - Okotoks, Canada
Topic: RE: Getting through the "Ho Hum" phase of WLS!
HI Joyce. it's Eydie from Okotoks!!! Haven't seen you arouund this year so far, how are you?
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
Donna226
on 12/3/10 2:02 pm
Topic: RE: The AZWLS Support Group Meets the 1st Monday of Every Month at Desert Ridge
Is this support group only for patients from a specific hospital or dr or is it open to all?
I had my surgery in Mexico but looking for local support and friends.

Thanks,
Donna

HispitAnn
on 12/3/10 1:49 pm - Phx, AZ
Topic: RE: Getting through the "Ho Hum" phase of WLS!
Liz here... see my new post in the AZ msg board titled "Severe Hypoglycemia".  Hugs.
HispitAnn
on 12/3/10 1:48 pm - Phx, AZ
Topic: Severe Hypoglycemia

I'm having a very difficult time of it.  (History: RNY 2/2005... revision in 2008...almost died from malnutrition...so, reversal of that revision in 2009).  Had a tough time.  Still very sick from what my doc believes is still a bad malabsorption, despite vits, foods..... Got down to 120 from the #1 revision, and I was skin and bones.... Now am up 40#.... but have developed terrible whole-body pain inc joints... also numbness and tingling in feet & legs... NEVER feel well anymore.  Result is depression.

BUT..... my blood sugars keep dropping into the 40's.  Also, regularly, I'm experiencing evening nausea and indigestion/heartburn.  At times, the nausea precedes a severe blood sugar drop.  I don't even notice it, until the severe sweating and shaking begins, which is how I know I am below 50. 

Suggestions would be nice, if any.  I am nearing the end of my rope. 

Thx

Tina65
on 12/2/10 11:54 pm
Topic: RE: 9 months post op!!! (PICS)
Wow, you are so skinny!  You look great!!  :)
Superspouse
on 12/2/10 5:53 pm - AZ
Topic: Got a Date!!
 I finally got insurance approval (Ok I am not sure why I used the word Finally because it only took just over a week). Surgery date is Monday Feb 14th. Happy Valentine's Day to me!! Im disappointed it is 2months out. Cant believe how fast dates get booked with Dr. Blackstone. Im on the cancellation list so I am hoping for a sooner date.
Most Active