Recent Posts

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/9/10 6:49 am - Mexico
Topic: RE: Lap band to RNY
On December 5, 2010 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, marcie K. wrote:
 I revised to sleeve so it's different then rny but for me the weight loss is just MUCH SLOWER than with the band but I'm still loosing.  My dr kind of reamed me out at my last follow up that I'd never hit goal and that I'm not following the rules but I just stand by I don't follow his "matrix" since I wasn't a sleeve original.  I had my band for nine months and lost 80lbs; I had the revision almost a year ago and have lost another 70lbs.  It's been 21 months since my band and I'm down 150lbs; that's a success in my book.  I'm still moving downward at 2-4lbs a month.  He thought I should be at goal by six months out and I wasn't.  I'm still 30lbs away from goal but at least I'm headed that way!  I had to have my band removed because I just couldn't tolerate it; I loved the band but it did not love me.  I just think because I had already been loosing weight the weight loss has been slower than if I had been a wls virigin.  

Remember, your weight loss is going to slow down regardless of which surgery type the closer you get to goal.  I remember when I had my band I was losing like crazy and the closer I got to goal the slower it was.  Then mega band complications set in and I lost more than I really wanted to.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/9/10 6:40 am - Mexico
Topic: RE: DS by Dr, John Husted?

Dr. Husted has an outstanding reputation.  He's one of about 4 surgeons in the country that can take down bypass and revise to DS and he does it lap instead of full open.  I realize you don't have bypass but I was just making a point about how good he is.

He's also an amazingly nice guy.  I am glad he's in AZ as AZ never really has had a great revision surgeon for bariatrics before.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
galla1
on 12/9/10 3:16 am
Thanks that is a good idea however I dont live close at all. about 9 hours. If my insurance accepts him on my list, then I would love to come down and check it out!
NorthValleyPlasticBlog
ger

on 12/9/10 3:14 am - AZ
Topic: RE: Aetna approval?

You should have no problem getting approved with Aetna with you records.  Typically Aetna requires the following:

1.) At least two years of medical records with a BMI of 35-39.9 with some co-morbidities (health issues related to weight).
2.)  A medically supervised diet and exercise program where you are weighed in at least once a month and have notes specific and exclusive for diet.  This takes six months with your doctor or three months with a multidisciplinary program, like AZWLS.
3.)  Medical necessity and psych exam.

Other requirements can be ordered by your surgeon or other doctor that go beyond the insurance requirements as well.

The only time a person can not get approved during their pre operation diet is if their BMI gets too low.  Getting approved for weight loss surgery is the one time in life where a person wants to be heavy and unhealthy.  

I'm so glad your health is improving and wish you the very best of success.

North Valley Plastic Surgery
http://www.nvpsaz.com/body/post-bariatric 
The Leaders in Post Bariatric Surgery.

NorthValleyPlasticBlog
ger

on 12/9/10 3:03 am - AZ
 Hi, Jeni.  

Dr. Husted works at Arizona Weight Loss Solutions in Desert Ridge.  You are more than welcome to come to our support group and meet some of his patients.  We have a support group on the first Monday of every month.  Dr. Husted has preformed 1,000s of Duodenal Switch operations.  It's a new operation to the area but he has been doing them for more than 10 years. 

Check out YouTube for Dr. John Husted.  I recently put a video of him online.   Have a great day.

http://www.azwls.com/procedures/duodenal_switch.html 

galla1
on 12/9/10 1:36 am
Topic: DS by Dr, John Husted?
Hello all,
I am new to this. I first thought about having the lap band..changed my min..then I went to the RNY...changed my mind (almost) and I now am looking for a surgeon who can do the DS close to me and it seems the closest is in Arizona. Has anyone had the DS by Dr. Husted? thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.
THANKS!
Jeni
Superspouse
on 12/6/10 4:31 pm - AZ
Topic: RE: Got a Date!!
 Thanks Ann. I have started attending the support groups in Scottsdale that Dr. Blackstone's group does. I am grateful that I will be able to attend 3 of them before surgery. I may be able to make it out for the party-we will see what is going on that day. Finals week is next week so I have lots of studying to do.
Donna226
on 12/6/10 2:45 pm
Topic: RE: The AZWLS Support Group Meets the 1st Monday of Every Month at Desert Ridge
Thank you for your reply. I will definately be attending the Jan meeting.

NorthValleyPlasticBlog
ger

on 12/6/10 12:44 am - AZ
Topic: RE: The AZWLS Support Group Meets the 1st Monday of Every Month at Desert Ridge
Dear Donna,

You are welcome to come to our support group tonight.

If you need more information please contact Nancy DeLuca at [email protected].

We look forward to meeting you!

marcie K.
on 12/5/10 1:00 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
Topic: RE: Lap band to RNY
 I revised to sleeve so it's different then rny but for me the weight loss is just MUCH SLOWER than with the band but I'm still loosing.  My dr kind of reamed me out at my last follow up that I'd never hit goal and that I'm not following the rules but I just stand by I don't follow his "matrix" since I wasn't a sleeve original.  I had my band for nine months and lost 80lbs; I had the revision almost a year ago and have lost another 70lbs.  It's been 21 months since my band and I'm down 150lbs; that's a success in my book.  I'm still moving downward at 2-4lbs a month.  He thought I should be at goal by six months out and I wasn't.  I'm still 30lbs away from goal but at least I'm headed that way!  I had to have my band removed because I just couldn't tolerate it; I loved the band but it did not love me.  I just think because I had already been loosing weight the weight loss has been slower than if I had been a wls virigin.  

Most Active