Recent Posts

_Donna_
on 1/5/11 9:00 am
Topic: RE: Psych Test
I'm nervous about the psych evaluation too.
What kind of questions did they ask?
MDIASMOORE1969
on 1/4/11 4:16 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Topic: RE: Severe Hypoglycemia
I have hypoglycemia as well.... seeing an endocrinologist at Mayo Clinic along with their other doctors.  Hope you find the help you need soon... those low blood sugars are dangerous!
nuttiwebgal
on 1/4/11 2:50 pm
Topic: RE: New to Phoenix looking for support group

Thanks everyone!! very definatly would like to get to know other WLS peeps in this area
nutti

nurskory
on 1/4/11 12:51 pm - Valley City, ND
Topic: New to Az 9 mon post op
Hi,, I am 9 months out. with save all the details. doing great with wt loss 20 lbs till surgeons goal but already at my goal and really dont feel another 20 would be healthy on me..

I am desperately seeking support  here from women mainly.. having some body image issues..not coping with improved body i know it sounds weird.. but didnt have surgery to be smaller size but to help my knees. I was comfortable with my larger size. odd i know. I was never an overeater but couldnt lose wt due to unknown medical reasons. I am also having issues with getting used to dating/intimacy, new  smaller chest size. I have been seriously unable to purchase size small underwear because of anxiety instead of being excited like i should be.. luckily have understanding friend that is going to do it for me so i will get out of my size 20 underwear because i need to wear a size 4 now!! I feel like I am going crazy sometimes. I have unsupportive mother that keeps telling me I am too skinny then tells me I look heavy in my facebook pics so I struggle with that. I have been sober for 16 yrs so if anyone in AA also that would be helpful. I am 41 and retired I text and use internet alot. Just hoping to find someone who is either going thru the same or is further out post op who can help me thru this please. I also am curious about removal of extra skin vs. toning and drs pricing here  you can message me here or i just joined the group on facebook so on there alot. thanks for taking time to read my post. Kory
100togo4me
on 1/3/11 11:01 am
Topic: RE: I have a date
Wow! Congrats! I wish I could make progress there too, but Juarez jerks me around and has made it clear that he is not interested in operating on me again.
Donna226
on 1/3/11 3:22 am
Topic: AZWLS Support Group
Has anyone attended in the past or plan on attending tonights meeting? I've never been
but plan on going tonight. I have no idea what to expect so if anyone can share info I
would appreciate it. I'm not very good at going somewhere new by myself. LOL

pamsalamb
on 12/30/10 11:29 am
Going to Aceves in Mexicali on Jan. 8 for a sleeve. We will be sister sleevers!
Michelle L.
on 12/29/10 7:29 am - Phoenix, AZ
They said that I won't be able to do the pre-op class before the 4th. The first available class is the 11th. It's disappointing, but at least it's not too far off. I have to travel for work at the end of February, so I wanted to get in as soon as possible so I'd have time to heal up.
furiosmommy
on 12/29/10 6:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
Oh no! I'm sorry you got rescheduled. Did they say why? I am also scheduled for the 4th with Dr. Fang for a sleeve!

That's great you got a date though, it took forever to get mine.

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Michelle L.
on 12/29/10 12:19 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks. Unfortunately, the surgeon's office just called and I've been rescheduled to the 17th.
Most Active