Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 2:03 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: Bariatric Support Group (FREE)
SONORAN LIFE SOLUTIONS 13460 N. 94th Dr. K3 Peoria, AZ 85381 (623) 974-3333  [email protected]   FREE BARIATRIC SUPPORT GROUP  Have you or someone you know had a weight loss surgery including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, or gastric lap band? Thinking about it?   When: The second Friday of every month Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm Januray 14th February 11th March 11th April 8th May 13th June 10th July 8th August 12th September 9th October 7th November 11th December 9th   This support group offers something different. You are welcome to bring any clothes you have “shrunk" out of and for each clothing item you bring, you will be able to pick another clothing item of a different size that someone else has “shrunk" out of. This will allow all of us to benefit from having clothes that fit us without having to pay high prices in the stores.
kellykelly
on 1/27/11 11:14 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Blackstone and Nutrition Plan
Hi Denise,

I'm sticking with it and have found some great receipes from others on the OH site.  Congrats on your weight loss and I hope to join you there soon!

Kelly
kellykelly
on 1/27/11 11:13 pm
Rebecca,

Thanks for your response.  I am very glad we didn't have to do the crazy liquids and purees like many others.  I can have beans and tofu and cheese just didn't mention those things.  Been trying to avoid cheese because it's causing havoc with the digestion system if you know what I mean.

Glad to hear I'm gonna get some fruits and veggies though!

Take care,

Kelly
Ann M.
on 1/27/11 9:42 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: Looking for a WLS-friendly PCP
I use Dr. Michael Underhill of Paseo Docs on 59th Ave, just north of Bell.  Someone here recommended another doc there over a year ago but he wasn't accepting patients but Dr. Underhill was.  Dr. Underhill has a good knowledge of the needs of a bypass patient, he has several.  He knows what blood tests to do and what to keep an eye on and the special needs we have.  Since I don't have a surgeon here, I know that if there is a problem, Dr. Underhill will hook me up with his surgeon of choice (RB) and then I'll be able to have a "go to" bariatric doc who would not normally take patients she has not done the surgery on. 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
avondalefatty
on 1/27/11 12:16 pm - avondale, AZ
Topic: Looking for a WLS-friendly PCP
Time to change doctors! Can any of you fine forum friends recommend a PCP? I'm willing to travel anywhere from Tonopah to Phoenix, from Sun City to Laveen. Only requirement is TRULY WLS friendly!
beckipoohbear
on 1/27/11 1:10 am - AZ
Yes...with Blackstone your food choices do increase @ 1 mth, if I remember correctly you get some fruits and veggies to add in.   However, you should have other protein choices right now like beans and tofu and cheese if you need something to shake it up in the meantime.

Stick with it, the program works and just be glad we don't have to do all the crazy liquids and purees for weeks on end like some other people!

Good luck!

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

dee492
on 1/27/11 12:32 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Kelly!

I had surgery 13 months ago with Dr Blackstone so I feel ya on the food choices, but you will have more options soon enough and it will be great, you will find new and sometimes exciting recipes, I have lost about 130 pounds and am 30 pounds away from goal!
I am super excited for you!
Take care
Denise
        surgery 312                     current 184                       goal 150          
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/26/11 11:22 am - Mexico
Topic: RE: Obstetrics?
It would be an issue if you were malabsorbing but you aren't. You will be like any other preggo lady.

Congrats to you!

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Pippigirl
on 1/26/11 9:25 am
Topic: RE: Obstetrics?
Hi there,
You'll be fine!  The baby will take whatever he/she needs.  Just keep up with your vitamins plus the prenatals.  I got pregnant 1 year after RNY, before I'd lost all the weight.  The difference?  I got pregnant with TRIPLETS.  I was on extra vitamins and ONLY gained 27 lbs, but they were all healthy and home within a week.  They are now in kindergarten.  No worries about the lap band-the idea that you need to "eat for two" isn't true.
Good luck,
Lanelle
kellykelly
on 1/26/11 7:40 am
Lanelle,

Thank you for your words of encouragement and for sharing your story with me.  I'm glad to say that right now I too don't feel the need to eat and only eat to sustain.  I know things will get easier as I progress through but I would kill for a carrot right now!  Otherwise I have no regrets about my decision for WLS.

Congrats on the triplets!

Kelly
Most Active