Recent Posts

scaryreader
on 2/2/11 11:19 am - Chicago, IL
Topic: totally ot
Hi e1, I have a question about something that happened in Tucson i***** Is there any1 on the board who was living there then? If so, will you PM me?

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

beckipoohbear
on 2/2/11 5:05 am - AZ
Topic: RE: It's February...
I brought a robe to wear over my gown for the walks around the floor, didn't want to worry about anything hanging out or wear another gown backwards.  Plus then I also felt comfy and cozy.  I agree on the pillow for the stomach on the way home.

And yes...the spa treatments are amazing!! If I remember correctly I had the facial and the pedicure!

Good luck, it's a great facility and a great doc, you are in good hands!
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

beckipoohbear
on 2/2/11 5:02 am - AZ
Topic: RE: Dr. Blackstone and Nutrition Plan
Interesting...2 1/2 years ago we weren't allowed fruits or veggies of any type until after 1 month and there was to be absolutely NO snacking of any kind, forever and ever :)

It would be nice if when they update the program they let old patients know about it to.  Maybe they'll touch on it at my 3 year appointment in May.

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

kellykelly
on 2/1/11 11:48 pm
Topic: RE: It's February...

Honestly I didn't use much of anything in the hospital except chapstick.  I would however recommend that for the ride home you bring a pillow to hold over your stomach.  That really did help with the bumps in the road!

The spa treatment was absolutely wonderful!  I had the facial and foot massage and was so relaxed afterwards.  I didn't want them to stop!

Good luck with your surgery you couldn't be in better hands.

kellykelly
on 2/1/11 11:45 pm
That's interesting because we were specifically told no fruits or vegetables and no snacking.  Well, I'm glad I'm going to class next week so I can get some new food choices.  I would really love some cooked carrots right now!

Thanks for your post!
Superspouse
on 2/1/11 12:53 pm - AZ
Topic: It's February...
 I can't believe February is already here. Surgery is just under 2weeks away. I would ask all of you to start moving your skinny butts on over to make room for me on the loser's bench but since you all have more energy these days, I will let you wait until the day of my surgery to scoot on over.

I am excited and not really fearful, just ready to start this new adventure. Do any of you have any "last min" advice for me? I know to wear loose fitting clothes, slip on shoes, bring chopstick, my cell, but is there anything else besides my toothbrush, and hairbrush that I should bring that you found helpful to have?

I have to admit I am looking forward to that spa treatment you get at the hospital the day after surgery.

Superspouse
on 2/1/11 12:48 pm - AZ
I just went to the pre-op class last week and was told that after the first week, we could start having chicken, beans, fish and fruits and cooked veggies.( avoid corn and white potatoes) The plan has also changed where we get 1-3 100cal snacks per day. That basically allows you to eat every 3hrs. I am glad we only have to do the liquid diet for the first week and then onto real foods. Although, I am sure I will want a salad.

With being allowed to have cooked veggies, you should be able to cook some carrots and eat those.
Ann M.
on 1/30/11 8:54 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: New to Az 9 mon post op
Can you tell me who the coordinator or leader is for this group?  I've not heard of you before but I'm having people ask me.  I don't think I'll be able to attend on Friday nights since I'm usually scheduled to work but I'll certainly put it on the calendar just in case I don't.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 2:10 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: New to Az 9 mon post op
Sonoran Life Solutions offers a free support group the second Friday of every month.  See Flyer below.  We would love to help!

SONORAN LIFE SOLUTIONS 13460 N. 94th Dr. K3 Peoria, AZ 85381 (623) 974-3333  [email protected]   BARIATRIC SUPPORT GROUP  Have you or someone you know had a weight loss surgery including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, or gastric lap band? Thinking about it? When: The second Friday of every month Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm Januray 14th February 11th March 11th April 8th May 13th June 10th July 8th August 12th September 9th October 7th November 11th December 9th   This support group offers something different. You are welcome to bring any clothes you have “shrunk" out of and for each clothing item you bring, you will be able to pick another clothing item of a different size that someone else has “shrunk" out of. This will allow all of us to benefit from having clothes that fit us without having to pay high prices in the stores.
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 2:07 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: New to Phoenix looking for support group
Sonoran Life Solutions on 94th Drive and Thunderbird has free support groups very month.  See flyer below:
SONORAN LIFE SOLUTIONS
13460 N. 94th Dr. K3 Peoria, AZ 85381
(623) 974-3333  [email protected]   BARIATRIC SUPPORT GROUP  Have you or someone you know had a weight loss surgery including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, or gastric lap band? Thinking about it?   When: The second Friday of every month Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm Januray 14th February 11th March 11th April 8th May 13th June 10th July 8th August 12th September 9th October 7th November 11th December 9th   This support group offers something different. You are welcome to bring any clothes you have “shrunk" out of and for each clothing item you bring, you will be able to pick another clothing item of a different size that someone else has “shrunk" out of. This will allow all of us to benefit from having clothes that fit us without having to pay high prices in the stores.
Most Active