Recent Posts

mikiec
on 2/18/11 6:07 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: It's February...
I had the facial and foot massage.  My wife was jealous.

smck_52
on 2/17/11 2:32 pm
Topic: RE: APPEAL ADVICE TO INSURANCE CO.
Exactly If the patient advocate did not see all that was required,why send it ? My advocate was not a help. But the intial criteria that was sent to my PCP was not defined the same as what the denial letter stated was needed. I have since gathered some info together with my PCP and also my heart dr.which looks good in helping my appeal. I was numb at first so had no direction. I am trying to give them what they are requiring but not happy the insur can change colors if they want to. So thanks for your reply. I see you are post-op and very interested in how its going along.I know everyone is different but I like to hear it all. Never know which one will pertain to me. I try to get to a support group in Tempe when I can. I was going this week but I got sick. I live down south AZ.k thanks
smck_52
enlarged_marge
on 2/17/11 10:48 am - AZ
Topic: RE: APPEAL ADVICE TO INSURANCE CO.
I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, so I'd like to know more to help you! I'd first look at adressing the reason for denial first, and use your PCP/surgeon's reasons for submitting for approval as a starting point, followed by excerpts and citations from literature supporting the reason. Good luck!
enlarged_marge
on 2/16/11 12:16 pm - AZ
Topic: Seeking patients of Dr. Hilario Juarez
Hello Arizona! I was wondering if anyone in here has had an RNY (or any other surgery) with Dr. Hilario Juarez. I would be keen on hearing about how you fared with it, and if you had it revised or reversed. Do you guys know of anyone who has had sucessful revisions with any of the other surgeons in Arizona? I have not found many that do revisions. 
ginau
on 2/16/11 10:43 am - mesa, AZ
Topic: RE: Sooo mad and surgeon hunting!
Do yourself a  favor and call around,  most offices will be able to tell you if they take your ins and the price for both cash pay and insurance billed.

besides everyone likes their Dr best .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

enlarged_marge
on 2/16/11 7:12 am - AZ
Topic: RE: Sooo mad and surgeon hunting!
I'm not impressed with my RNY surgeon or his office, so I won't mention his name But I wonder if you have been to azwls.com? VSG is listed on their site but I have not had any personal experience with their clinic. So sorry to hear about your problems, sounds so frustrating.
christiemon
on 2/16/11 4:17 am - Buckeye, AZ
Topic: Sooo mad and surgeon hunting!
I'm not going to badmouth the office that I've been working w/ by using their name, but essenialtly after having been through all the testing and insurance requirements w/ them and my PCP, just waiting on insurance approval (my insurance does cover bariatrics) and a surgery date I will be looking for a new surgeon.  I've just waited in my doctors office for almost two hours, had multiple staffers confused by why I was there, etc, trying to walk out multiple times before I finally did, etc....

I am planning on having the sleeve.  Can you tell me who you love in Phoenix area and your expereince.  Out of pocket costs are helpful. = )  I have Cigna.

Thank you - trying to cool off.

Christie
ginau
on 2/15/11 12:22 pm - mesa, AZ
Topic: RE: Seeking the old AZWLS
who are you looking for ?
Laura B
on 2/15/11 10:53 am - Vail, AZ
Topic: RE: Please help!
Update: I've been mailing protein samples for free to OH members for over 2.5 years now....I'm sure people understand that I can no longer keep extending this offer due to the cost of postage and packaging. If you would like to try this product, you may order the samples from my website at www.greatprotein.com. There is a nominal fee to cover the expenses.

Thank you to the OH community for trying this wonderful product!
BertsGettingThin
on 2/14/11 9:09 am - AZ
Topic: RE: Looking for a WLS-friendly PCP
Dr Mary Ellen Dirlam  At Samaritan Internal Medicine. 602 839 3927 Near Good Sam Hospital

She is great and was right with me on the surgery.  She got everything to the surgeon on time and has been very supportive.  Super doc
BertsGettingThin    
Most Active