Recent Posts

Superspouse
on 2/23/11 1:40 am - AZ
Topic: Update from surgery...
 I have not been on OH at all since surgery. I came home last Thursday and I am doing great. Did not need pain meds once I got home and drove a short distance on Friday. I started real food yesterday and chicken and eggs do not seem to be giving me any problems. I feel good and am enjoying this "new life".
StillHopefulinAZ
on 2/22/11 12:37 pm
Topic: RE: Newbie!

I agree with the previous poster.  Make sure you have researched all available surgeries and have chosen the right one for you.  Many insurances are only allowing one in a lifetime.

Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

suzybelle
on 2/22/11 2:30 am, edited 2/22/11 3:09 am
Topic: RE: Newbie!
I go for my initial assesment on March 3rd. Visited w/my IM yesterday and got my letter. I also had to have my throid Rx increased. I had my thyroid removed last fall; there was only a mico carcinoma w/clear margins (thank God) but that is enough to makle sure we keep my levels slightly surpressed. 
I am stoked to F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. be getting on w/ all of this!!
I'll post again after my appt. thanks for the welcome!

re: "the invite to the support group"... thanks...but too far away!
Donna226
on 2/21/11 5:37 pm
Topic: RE: Bariatric Support Group (FREE)
Thank you for posting this information. I have been looking for a group and I will try to attend
on March 11th.

thanks,
donna

Donna226
on 2/21/11 5:32 pm
Topic: Support System

I have had the lap band since Sept 2009 and have lost and maintained over thirty pounds. But I'm
not done. I still want to lose 20 to 25 pounds. I have several health issues which enable me to make
excuses and not do what I need and want to do. I need a support system. Exercise buddy, accountability partner, support group, activities to keep me going. I live in mesa but I'm not afraid to drive. Is anyone else (female) out there with my same situation? Anyone who is looking for support from others?

smck_52
on 2/21/11 10:43 am
Topic: RE: APPEAL ADVICE TO INSURANCE CO.
Well Debbie I did not know about that forum, and I have been on it now for a few hours. My eyes are wiggen but I did get LOTS of helpful info. So thank-you so very much! I got sick this weekend, if I hadn't I would have sent what I had, now I am glad I waited. Kudos to you for your support! Sharon
smck_52
moving-on
on 2/21/11 2:07 am - Rimrock, AZ
Topic: RE: APPEAL ADVICE TO INSURANCE CO.
Have you been to the insurance,cash pay forum? I found alot of helpful information there as well as I used a letter someone had posted to appeal my insurance denial. It seemed to really work. My pcp was very impressed and thought i had written it . Try that forum. Good info. And Good Luck.
Debbie
Moving on to better health        
Lady Lithia
on 2/19/11 1:24 pm
Topic: RE: Seeking patients of Dr. Hilario Juarez
I had surgery 3 years ago next month.

I began investigating WLS at 350 lbs.

had surgery at 293 lbs

Made goal temporarily at 20 months postop, and at 29 months postop I hit goal. I'm still losing one or two pounds a month (below goal and losing). Down 204 from maximum, 147 from surgery.

I know he does revisions. I don't know how often he does them.

I have to say that his surgical skill, and the response of his office in any sort of emergency was always topnotch

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

moving-on
on 2/19/11 11:44 am - Rimrock, AZ
Dr Juarez did my RNY and I have had great results. I dont think Dr Juarez is not very informational that is for sure. He doesnt talk much nor does he offer anything unless you ask the questions. I have to agree with the previous poster about the Bridges program and their nutritionist. Pretty poor help and not very knowledgeable. I was amazed at the lack of knowledge of diabetes and the discrepancy between surgeon and diet manual.
But the OH community is very helpful and very informational where Bridges lacks.
Moving on to better health        
StillHopefulinAZ
on 2/19/11 8:49 am

Dr Juarez did my lap band removal and my RNY.  I had to have 2 seperate surgeries, but all went well.  I am 10 weeks out from RNY.  I had my lapband done in Mexico and no other surgeon would even talk to me.  He was great about it.  Feel free to ask me any other questions.  I am not a big fan of the Bridges program so far but other than that all was good. 

Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

Most Active