Recent Posts

skinnymeforever
on 3/7/11 2:29 am - AZ
Topic: RE: support groups?
Hi - I may be interested in this support group. It is closer than the one the surgeon supplies (Scottsdale) and I'm in Litchfield Park.  But, I first need to see what the requirements are for going to theirs.  Can you keep me updated on these if you go?  My surgery is tomorrow and I'm really looking for some mutual friends in West Phoenix to talk to about what they are experiencing after surgery. However, I am having the VSG and I'm not sure how many others here are having the same surgery. It seems so many do the band.
ginau
on 3/6/11 7:30 am - mesa, AZ
Topic: RE: For AZ patients with AHCCCS

Why  go out of state -- you have a lot of good Dr's  here in AZ who accept insurance. from Flaggstaff to Tucson . I cant imagein the exspense  and if you run into trouble - then what do you do ?? 

I would suggest rethinking that decision and do some more research...  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

enlarged_marge
on 3/4/11 6:59 pm - AZ
Topic: For AZ patients with AHCCCS
I'm asking fo a friend, so please forigve me for no having all the details. She has one primary on, AHCCCS is the second, and of course Medicare part D. I was wonderinf ifshe wuld be avoe to have surgery wih Dr. Keshishian. I'm so exited because I was hoping we could road trip. Thanks!
motorhomemama
on 3/4/11 12:08 am - Okotoks, Canada
Topic: RE: Support System

Hi again.  I have been having some problems too, lots of heartburn and pain on swallowing .  Am going to see Dr. Podkameni at BAnner Gateway today for a floroscopy exam to see if there is a problem with the band.  I am also back to fluids etc.  Looks like we are about in the same place.  Let's keep in touch.  You live in Mesa don't you?  I would be willing to go to the SunCity group with you if you waqnt some company.

Eydie

342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
Donna226
on 3/3/11 4:22 pm
Topic: RE: Howdy Folks, it's been a long time!
Congratulations on all your weight loss but Lordy that sounds painful :(    I wish you well on your surgery and hopefully no more pain

Donna226
on 3/3/11 4:18 pm
Topic: RE: Support System
I really appreciate your reply. I had some serious issues and had to go get an unfill last week so I have not been online. I've heard about the Banner Meetings but the time is bad for me. There is one in Sun City the 2nd Saturday of March that I might try. I'm kinda starting all over now. Have been on liquids for a week, now moving to mushies.

StillHopefulinAZ
on 3/2/11 9:55 am
Just got this info in the mail today:
Bridges support groups
Gastric Bypass "nutrition refresher" 5 - 6 pm every first Tuesday of each month
Gastric Bypass Support Group w Psychologist 6:30 - 8 pm every first Tuesday of each month

Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

skinnymeforever
on 3/1/11 9:50 pm - AZ
Topic: RE: Sooo mad and surgeon hunting!
Well - I haven't had my surgery yet. It's scheduled for March 8th. However,everything I've been through so far with Dr. Blackstone and Scottsdale Shea Hospital has been great.  The office staff is friendly and helpful. Tons of support and support groups, tons of information seminars. My pre-op class was informative and amazing.  There is an entire bariatric hospital that knows what they are doing and they givey you a choice of two items from their SPA for the day after surgery. I'm getting a facial and a massage.  I can tell you more after I have the surgery but I'm impressed thus far. 

I know it is far from you but it is from me too. I'm in Litchfield Park.  After I checked all of the Phoenix surgeons out, I realized that "close" wasn't reallly an important thing on the list.

Good luck to you.  Let us know what you decide.
StillHopefulinAZ
on 3/1/11 12:34 pm
I recently found a support group.  Not sure what part of the valley you are in but here is the info I got from Ann M.
2nd Saturday in March at 10:30.  It's in the Sun City room behind Menke's at 103rd & Coggins
I am still a newbie but I am struggling.  This will be my first meeting.  How was your experience with Bridges?  
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

Ann M.
on 3/1/11 3:32 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: Bariatric Support Group (FREE)
Hey Eydie, the Sun City group is meeting on Saturday, the 12th from 10:30 - noon.  I'd love to see you again.  It's been way too long.  We're in the Sun City Room behind Menke's.

Ann
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active