Recent Posts

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 12:19 pm - Mexico
Topic: RE: Support System
On March 7, 2011 at 7:54 PM Pacific Time, Donna226 wrote:
thanks for the suggestion, I already found a new group from meetup

Very cool!

And btw... you have the best doc EVER! ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 12:19 pm - Mexico
On March 7, 2011 at 7:45 PM Pacific Time, Donna226 wrote:
No I haven't tried it. I'll check it out.
Does your friend belong to a gym or what is she looking for support? I'm familiar with that area
it's not that far from me.

I'll PM you her email address if you wish.

She is seriously metabolically challenged. She has a personal trainer, she does what I could never do and still does not lose.

BUT.....she is a mega sugar craver.  She is in denial in a big way.

Donna226
on 3/7/11 11:57 am
Hi Eydie!

I'm not going to be able to make it to the Sun City group sat but I just found a new group about exercise meeting next monday night at 7pm Starbucks on Gilbert and Germann. Not a WLS group but is an exercise group. I'm going to check it out, thought you might be interested as well. You can check it out at meetup.com    East Valley Exercise Group 03/14

Donna226
on 3/7/11 11:54 am
thanks for the suggestion, I already found a new group from meetup

Donna226
on 3/7/11 11:45 am
No I haven't tried it. I'll check it out.
Does your friend belong to a gym or what is she looking for support? I'm familiar with that area
it's not that far from me.

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 10:22 am - Mexico
Topic: RE: Howdy Folks, it's been a long time!
On February 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM Pacific Time, Lady Lithia wrote:
Hey all, I don't post here on the AZ forum but I thought I'd post today. Yeah, I have a question for locals, but thought I'd give an update on me too!

My question.... I need to purchase a twin bed and have them deliver. Mattress, box-springs, frame (not fancy).... any suggestions on good places to shop for something inexpensive....west valley?

So.... with my question out of the way, I wanted to update on me

I came to OH when I weighed 350 lbs, wore a size 28 *tight* top and bottom, size 10 1/2 ring, shoe size 8 1/2 wide, BMI of 60, High Blood Pressure, GERD.

After my 6 month supervised diet, Dr. Juarez performed RNY on me just under three years ago.

Now I weigh 146 lbs, wear a size 8 pants and medium top, size 5 1/2 ring, shoe size is 7 narrow, BMI of 25, no health problems whatsoever.

I DO dump, and didn't want to, and hate that I do. But other than dumping, I very much feel like a normal human being.

I am needing a twin bed because unfortunately the weight loss has resulted in an intractible pain in my ****yx that has not responded to treatment of any kind. I met with Dr. Paul Gause in Scottsdale on Thursday, and on March 9th, he'll be doing a ****ygectomy on me. For three weeks, at least, I'll be totally immobile. I won't be able to sit for three months to a year, so we're replacing my recliner in the living room with a twin sized bed, so I won't be stuck in my bedroom 24/7.

Not sure how many people here remember me, but thought I'd visit!

Just saw this so I'm probably too late but have you considered renting a hospital bed?  Might be a *****eaper in the end.

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 10:20 am - Mexico
    I do know of someone but I don't think you'll want to drive that far, she's on 7th/Camelback.  She too, is banded and looking for a support person.   Have you tried:

www.meetup.com

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 10:18 am - Mexico
Topic: RE: For AZ patients with AHCCCS
On March 5, 2011 at 2:59 AM Pacific Time, enlarged_marge wrote:
I'm asking fo a friend, so please forigve me for no having all the details. She has one primary on, AHCCCS is the second, and of course Medicare part D. I was wonderinf ifshe wuld be avoe to have surgery wih Dr. Keshishian. I'm so exited because I was hoping we could road trip. Thanks!

Is it a revision?  If not, why travel?  Not really a wise idea if she can stay locally.

I heard, but have not confirmed, that AHCCCS will no longer be doing bariatrics as of Oct/11. Anyone know anything about this?

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 10:16 am - Mexico
Topic: RE: Sleeve Support?
On March 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM Pacific Time, skinnymeforever wrote:
Hi - I am having the VSG done tomorrow, March 8 and am looking for others that have recently had or are soon to have this same surgery.  I know I will need support.
My support group will be in Scottsdale and I am a full time student AND working on an externship so driving to Scottsdale is a huge issue. 

So, if you are, let me know where to find you, what support group you attend, etc., etc.

For obvious reasons, I will not be on my computer for the next few days though.

Can't help you out because I moved to AZ a long time ago.  But I can tell you sleeves ROCK!  You'll love it!

skinnymeforever
on 3/7/11 2:36 am - AZ
Topic: Sleeve Support?
Hi - I am having the VSG done tomorrow, March 8 and am looking for others that have recently had or are soon to have this same surgery.  I know I will need support.
My support group will be in Scottsdale and I am a full time student AND working on an externship so driving to Scottsdale is a huge issue. 

So, if you are, let me know where to find you, what support group you attend, etc., etc.

For obvious reasons, I will not be on my computer for the next few days though.
Most Active