Recent Posts

DebbieB1
on 3/29/11 1:43 pm - AZ
Topic: RE: I'm new here & looking for patients of Dr. Blackstone

Dr. Blackstone will be performing my surgery on 5/3.  I too am just a little nervous but mostly very anxious.  It has been a long haul just getting this far. 

Debbie Bedoya
Yuma

Ann M.
on 3/28/11 11:57 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: getting new insurance -best one for someone obese? (not seeking WLS at this time)
Nia, insurance for the obese is usually so expensive that most cannot afford it unless it's offered through work.  Even then, it could be excluded.  If you work, check with them on what it offered.  A lot of times, they will also help pay for Weigh****chers since you're not really looking for surgery.  In the meantime, load up on protein, cut your fat and carbs and start exercising.  You might be lucky enough for that to work for you and then once your bmi is back in the normal range, be able to qualify for regular insurance.  Good luck.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
beckipoohbear
on 3/28/11 6:16 am - AZ
Welcome...you have chosen very well and you are in great hands.  One of her former associates actually did my surgery with Blackstone assisting but the office has been great, the program great and I would highly recommend them to anybody.  Best of luck to you.

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

kellykelly
on 3/28/11 2:51 am
I was Dr. Blackstone's patient. Had my surgery 12/21.  She's a great surgeon and you will be fine!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wa0F1DF/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wa0F1DF/weight.png" _fcksavedurl=" >http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wa0F1DF/weight.png">>
Jodi H.
on 3/27/11 3:27 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Topic: I'm new here & looking for patients of Dr. Blackstone
I am currently waiting for a surgery date with Dr. Blackstone & am looking for others that are going to have her as their surgeon or have had her already.  I'm a little nervous but looking VERY forward to having this done!!

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
ginau
on 3/27/11 10:59 am - mesa, AZ
Topic: RE: Anyone know?
Honestly ..  best to call your Dr's office and ask their Insurance  person .. they know all the ins and outs..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

StillHopefulinAZ
on 3/27/11 4:58 am
Topic: RE: Anyone know?
I can't say the company matters as much as the policy.  The policy must cover weight loss surgery.  Also please make sure the lap band is the right surgery for you.  There are lots of options out there. 
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

socialbfly37
on 3/26/11 11:43 am
Topic: Anyone know?
Which is the best insurance company to go with for easier approval for the lap band surgery. Please give me any advice thanks in advance.
nia111
on 3/22/11 1:25 pm
Topic: getting new insurance -best one for someone obese? (not seeking WLS at this time)
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on how I should go about searching for new insurance?
Anyone have any idea what insurance would be the best pick and least expensive in terms of extra preniums for someone who is obese?

I have checked a bit online and even had some things sent to me but it seems like specific weight cut offs for being denied or what you have to pay for a BMI above 30, for instance, aren't that easy to find.

I'd appreciate any help or response on this, and I'm really hoping I can find new insurance... I can't imagine not having health insurance,

Thanks,

Nia
moving-on
on 3/22/11 9:47 am - Rimrock, AZ
Topic: RE: Vitamins
Vitalady is coming to Tempe in May. I just saw that yesterday. It is quite aways from me but thought I may try and see what they have and maybe try some samples.
Most Active