Recent Posts

skinnymeforever
on 3/31/11 6:08 am - AZ
Topic: RE: I gotta figure this out
How sweet of you to ask after a few weeks. Thanks Mike.  Wellll - I'm doing alot better than I was when I first started this post.  i cannot say that I'm at that "I love my sleeve" moment yet.  The gas and acid are my worst issues now.  My nurse pract upped my dosage of Prilocec to 2 a day now and I'm taking gas-x as well.  It's pretty painful and uncomfortable when I eat anything. I am, however, getting more fluids in so that's a big plus.  I have a few pity moments when i go somewhere that food is the celebration mode, like my husband's birthday. It was at a mexican food restaurant. I tried to eat some fahita insides (no tortilla) but it just started the acid up big time so I watched everyone else eat. I've lost about 20 lbs.  Honestly, I get so focused on the discomfort that I completely forget why I did this in the first place. LOL. I did get below 200 this week though. That was my first goal.

mikiec
on 3/31/11 12:28 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: I gotta figure this out
It's been a couple of weeks since your surgery.  How are you doing?

Mike

mikiec
on 3/31/11 12:23 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: I'm new here & looking for patients of Dr. Blackstone
You are in good hands.  I had her associate Dr. Sprunger, but the office is terrific to deal with.

Mike

skinnymeforever
on 3/30/11 11:53 pm - AZ
Topic: RE: Sleeve Support?
LOL! Oh yah....there have plenty of times when I wished I could have that massage a few more times. You can choose from a massage, pedicure, manicure, or facial and you get to choose 2.  It was great.

Jodi H.
on 3/30/11 2:42 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Topic: RE: Sooo mad and surgeon hunting!

I have BCBS & I too am going to Dr. Blackstone.  The only "issue" I've had so far is with the surgery scheduler/prior auth person returning my calls & messages.  Finally today she got back to me & had somewhat of an attitude & said that she is very busy & the only person doing this specific thing.  I apologized & I wasn't even sure if she was getting my messages because she hadn't contacted me.  She seemed better after that.  I do really like the rest of her staff though.  They are all very nice!  I am scheduled for 5/31.  My out of pocket is going to be about $1300 so far.  Good luck.

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
Jodi H.
on 3/30/11 2:32 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Topic: RE: Sleeve Support?
"And, who wouldn't want a surgeon that contracts a SPA to give you massages, facials and manicures?  The SPA girl showed up to my room right when I needed her and man did that ever help relax me."

Are you serious?! OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!! LOL

Jodi H.
on 3/30/11 2:23 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Topic: RE: getting new insurance -best one for someone obese? (not seeking WLS at this time)
I switched my insurance with my employer this year to BCBS because they do cover bariatric surgery.  It costs me almost $300/mo for me, my husband & our son still though & each of us have a $1k deductible we have to meet.

Jodi H.
on 3/30/11 2:16 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Topic: ** 5/31/11 !!! **
Christina from Dr. Blackstone's office finally called me back late today.  My date is May 31st!!!!!  I was really hoping for something a couple of weeks earlier but I'll take what I can get!  I started crying when she told me I was approved though.  This has been such a long journey for me I can't believe it's finally close! 

dee492
on 3/30/11 3:28 am - Chandler, AZ
I had my surgery over a year ago and I had still been losing, at a stall now, I have lost over 130 pounds and feel great! My diabetes is gone and I am most happy with that overall. I have bad days and still want to eat things I shouldnt and sometimes I do and feel guilty but most times I do very well and try to follow all we are taught.

Good Luck
Denise
        surgery 312                     current 184                       goal 150          
ginau
on 3/29/11 11:00 pm - mesa, AZ
She did my orifinal surgery ,, your in good hands - kust pay attention to what you taught and  go easy on the other stuff, everyone has a differant journey.

you will love hospital and staff.  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active