Recent Posts

rsreed
on 6/25/11 12:13 pm
Topic: RE: Where is Dr. Steven Simon?
I just had my revision surgery with Dr. Simon at PV Hospital.  He is the best!!  I tried the Tempe location first, but hated Dr. Schlesinger (That man should be kicked out of practice !!!)  My ins carrier referred me to Dr. Simon.  Four years ago, I learned that I needed revision surgery.  It has been all this time getting all the ducks in a row for this surgery.  I am now almost a month postop and losing weight with my vertical sleeve gastrectomy--26 pounds down with about 50 more to go.  So happy I found Dr. Simon!  He is the best at his craft, and I would trust no other doctor for this kind of surgery.
tochatty
on 6/24/11 9:50 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Topic: RE: Anyone go to mayo?
Used to work there and had my surgery there 11 years ago but not with the current surgeons.  My surgeon retired in 2000. 

I know Dr Harold actually assisted with my surgery years ago and she is a good surgeon, she trained with the surgeon that took my surgeons place. 

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

Michele1az
on 6/21/11 1:44 am - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13 with
Topic: In-House Payment Plans
Hi!

I had a lap-band done in Mexico 5 years ago... didn't work for me. I need a revision to VSG, but no insurance and can't get a loan.

Do you know of any surgeons that do in-house payment plans in Arizona???

Thank you for your help.

Michele
liveinphx
on 6/19/11 10:45 am - Phoenix, AZ
Topic: RE: Shrink in/around Phoenix
Dr Lisa Galper on Hayden in Scottsdale. She is a psychologist and specializes in food issues.
There is also a program in Scottsdale that deals almost exclusively with eating disorders. I am not sure of the name, I just cant think of it now but try googling eating disoders scottsdale and I am sure it will come up.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
StillHopefulinAZ
on 6/18/11 3:33 pm
Topic: RE: NOT LOSING

Try posting this one the main RNY forum, I am sure you will get more responses.  I am sorry I don't have an answer.  I am about 6 months out and have been a really slow loser so I am interested in the answers you do get!

Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

leelin67
on 6/18/11 2:06 pm - AZ
Topic: NOT LOSING
Hello everyone. I'm new here and am a year and three months out of my RYN surgery.Problem is I have only lost like 30 lbs. Help. I lost my insurance in Ca. and now live in Bullhead City with another insurance. ISo far I haven't found a Dr. In Bullhead  to help me figure out why I am not losing. My husband and I have gone through some really hard times in the last year and a half. Money wise and other wise. I wasn't able to afford all the vitamins I needed, so am now just getting back to where I can afford to get them. Can that have an effect on not losing?? I don't eat alot but maybe I don't eat what I should. Can someone help me out here with some answers??? Thanks alot to all who helps!  Linda
StephOinAZ
on 6/13/11 10:55 am
Topic: RE: DS Friendly PCP in AZ?
Oh thank you so  much! :)  I tried a different Dr, I won't call her out by name, but she was awful, not at all wls friendly.  I printed out a lot of info for her so that she could know the difference between the DS and the RNY and how I'll need care, etc, and she waved her hand at the papers as I tried to give them to her and said "nah, that's ok."  Umm no, it's not "ok."  So needless to say I'm still looking.
LessieBelle
on 6/12/11 1:28 am
 I don't know about DS either, but WLS friendly PCP in Chandler is Dr. Merzenech (something like that).  Female.  I haven't met her yet, but she was on the list of WLS friendly dr's I got from my WLS surgeons office.

I have met with her NP, who I really liked and is also WLS friendly.

Good luck.
StillHopefulinAZ
on 6/8/11 2:12 pm
Topic: Shrink in/around Phoenix
Does anyone have a good shrink that they have used for food / weight issues?  I would like to start seeing one.  You can pm me or reply.  Thanks!

StillHopefulinAZ
on 6/6/11 12:15 pm
I'm in the west valley so I dont know of any in the east, you might want to check with your surgeons office.  Good luck!

Most Active