Recent Posts

StephOinAZ
on 8/1/11 12:11 pm
Topic: RE: East Valley Meeting
I'll be having my surgery on the 3rd :) Revision from lap-band to DS :)  If you have another one anytime PLEASE post about it so I can make it :) I'd LOVE for some local support.
Roxycal
on 7/31/11 11:17 am - AZ
Topic: RE: NOT LOSING
 Hi Linda! It is important to make sure the meals you are getting have all the nutrition you need, not just taking your vitamins. I have been using a product for over a month now and it has worked wonders. Please let me know if you would like more information. You can contact me at [email protected]. I can provide a website that will show you information, there is a health challenge involved to help you stay on track as well! talk to you soon. 
ginau
on 7/26/11 12:51 pm - mesa, AZ
Topic: East Valley Meeting

So next wed Aug 3rd  a few of us will be meeting

Where : Baja Fresh  at Chandler Blvd by the mall - 6:00 pm

come  join us ... see if we can get a regular meeting  going again.. 

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Ann M.
on 7/23/11 10:38 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: What are the best summer protein choices ?
In addition to salads which don't offer any protein, I'll get deli turkey, ham, chicken with as low fat as possible.  I'll also get a cantaloupe or strawberries and other fruit.  I tend to take a few pieces of deli meat and roll them up and serve them with the fruit and add some cottage cheese.  I'll also do iced protein shakes to make sure I get all my protein in when I don't really feel like eating a full meal.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
StillHopefulinAZ
on 7/22/11 3:59 pm
I have been buying ready pac salads from Costco.  They come in a 2 pack with everything you need, dressing, chicken, cheese, even a fork!  Havent been cooking much lately myself WAY too hot! 

I do have a question for you though, I noticed on your signature that you had your RNY revised.  Just curious what happened, I have been an extremely slow loser and its driving me crazy and dr office is no help.  PM if you dont want to post.  TY!
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

lostin2010
on 7/19/11 11:00 am
Topic: Greetings from Payson
Hello fellow AZ people - anyone live up in Payson or nearby? Sure would love to start a support group up here...driving down to the valley isnt as much fun when its freakin 180 degrees outside!  haha  Let me know if I have any fellow weight losties nearby!  Talk to you soon!  ~Debra~
lostin2010
on 7/19/11 10:57 am
I still read the board!  :)   No cooking ideas tho...eating out is always my favorite solution! 
_Donna_
on 7/19/11 6:33 am, edited 2/14/12 12:44 am
Topic: .

RNY 5-5-2011

ginau
on 7/16/11 11:52 pm - mesa, AZ
Topic: What are the best summer protein choices ?
Help

got bored with cooking - too darn hot - so looking for some help here. Other than picking up an already roasted Chicken - I need some additional yummy no heating up the stove idea's

Plus I wanna see if anyone reads this board anymore - it's so quiet .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

azlawrence
on 7/2/11 12:40 pm - AZ
Topic: Dr. Chen--Banner Bariatric
 Hi everybody!  I am new to the forum. Have just completed my third month of medically supervised weight loss with Banner Bariatric.  I have a Medicae replacement policy with Aetna. It remains to be seen if they will approve the VSG that I prefer.  I have three hour pre-op class this Wed.  After that, the insurance request will be made for VSG.

The surgeon I met with over the last three months, Podakameni, just left Banner Bariatrics for NJ.  I met with my new surgeon, Al Chen, last week.  He is not new to the practice, but Podakemeni was the surgeon who was assigned any patients 65 and over. I will be 66 this month.

I really liked Dr. Chen, but I am interested to hear from others who might have been his patient, whether it is the sleeve or other WLS.
Most Active