Recent Posts

itsrox
on 8/12/11 11:17 am, edited 8/24/11 7:25 am
moving-on
on 8/10/11 7:55 am - Rimrock, AZ
Topic: RE: Greetings from Payson
Hi Debra,
My name is Debbie and live in Rimrock. Still an hour drive. Sure wish there was a support group somewhere close by.

Debbie
Moving on to better health        
Pookyaz25
on 8/9/11 5:08 pm - tucson, AZ
Topic: RE: Has Anyone on AHCCCS Been RECENTLY Approved for VSG?
Hello, I just had gastric bypass on june 20th this year and i have apipa through AHCCCS.  They will pay for GB or Lap band but not the sleeve.  I live in Tucson and i had to get my surgery done in Phx at ST Luke's by Dr. Hilario Juarez.  It is a tough job to get it approved but if you are willing to put in the work and possibly get denied once or twice, you can do it. Good luck.
Melanie S.
on 8/8/11 4:40 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: AZ Weight Loss solutions closing end of Aug
Ok, so I had my surgery done in NC in June of 09, moved to AZ in Jan 10.

Found these guys and now Im having some issues and need my band checked out and have been refered to another practice because they are shutting down.

The new practice is requiring a $500 consult /patient establishment fee and will charge $200 for fills not $150.

Needless to say Im not sure I want to go to these guys, regardless of *****ferred me. I have recently had a couple bouts of food poisoning and the flu all with in a month. Im very naucious today as well and have a very rotten eggy taste in my mouth.

I really dont know what to do or who to see in this area. JC Lincoln is a joke and I refuse to go sit in an ER and be seen by doctors who dont have a clue what a band is let alone how to treat someone with one.

Anyone that can help would be great.. I think im gonna go dry heave again..

HW289/PreOp287/SW262

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 2:24 am, edited 8/7/11 2:33 am
Topic: Newbie in Arizona (west of Phoenix)
 I am hoping to have Lap-Band surgery by the end of the year. I am 51 years old and an disabled RN with FM due to a genetic condition (premutation of FMR1 gene). I am in a wheelchair and unable to drive but would love to have online support from people who are going through any type of weight loss surgery and especially people who are having lap-band surgery. Would love to talk to other people with disabilities and are dealing with chronic pain and of any age, race, religion:) 

Nice to meet you all:) Love reading all the postive stories!
ElleMarie
on 8/5/11 3:12 pm
Topic: RE: What are the best summer protein choices ?
I read a blog called theworldaccordingtoeggface and she has amazing ideas for meals, snacks and wonderful tips. I am just getting the hang of this and with this heat I am just not wanting to cook.
 laurieunapologetically.blogspot.com/
Gastric Sleeve 6/10/2011
Starting weight 291
Dr Ortiz, Tijauna Mexico
ginau
on 8/2/11 1:23 pm - mesa, AZ
   Bettyyyyyy....

the Shrimp sounds awesome .. think I am going to run out and pick some up at Sprouts ..

would love to see you .. your picture looks awesome .... 

you still drinking Click ? 

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Betty S.
on 8/2/11 3:53 am - Mesa, AZ
Topic: RE: East Valley Meeting
I'll try to be there- can't promise for tomorrow.

Betty S.
on 8/2/11 3:51 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Gina!
I have been buying frozen cooked shrimp (the big ones)  and run them under warm tap water to thaw, then mix them up with an avocado and a little sour cream or greek yogurt.  I add a spoon of salsa to spice it up, and it makes a great little salad.

I also wrap lunch meat over a hunk of cheese and gnaw away at it.

it's too darn hot to cook.

StephOinAZ
on 8/1/11 12:16 pm
Topic: RE: Shrink in/around Phoenix

I know this is kind of old but I wanted to share anyway :)

When I went to my surgeon required behavior modification therapy I was referred to Dr. Abby Garcia in Scottsdale.  She is WONDERFUL!!  I grew up with a negative impression of "shrinks" and was very unwilling to open up to her, but she made me feel so comfortable.  She never made me feel rushed, judged, or like she was dragging info from me.  I love her!  If I had the money I'd go to her still.  You can Google her and you'll find her number.  A lot of the time she answeres the phone herself, or calls you back herself.  She doesn't have a big staff, only like 1 person I think.  She's very personal with her patients.

Most Active